I've upgraded all of the Encore's that I've had over the years. I happen to be very demanding with my muzzleloaders. They must be consistently accurate and when hunting, I use a bullet that NEVER fails to perform perfectly. I'm currently shooting the same load from my Pro as I was the Encore and couldn't be happier.
I copied this from another post.
For about $35 my Pro Hunter has:
- replaced the stock hinge pin with a 2X
- replaced the stock locking bolt spring with a HD spring
- replaced the stock firing pin spring with a HD spring
- replaced the stock hammer spring with either the 44# or 51# (hunting/target)
- replaced the trigger spring with a 2# spring (actual 1.7#)
- honed and polished the sear
- installed a trigger over travel screw
All these parts, including FREE downloadable directions can be purchased from Bellmtc. If you own an Encore or Pro Hunter, I strongly recommend that you visit Mike's site and read each page
. Mike is without a doubt the most knowledgable man in North America when it comes to the Encore platform rifles. Mike Bellm TCs - Other Shops Supporting TCs & Trigger Work