Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Muzzleloader Hunting

Muzzleloader Hunting Techniques For Muzzleloader Hunting

CVA Apex

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2012, 10:38 PM
Platinum Member

CVA Apex

Been looking hard (for a while now) for a CVA Apex switch barrel smoke pole.

I can'r seem to find one anywhere. Are they that hard to come by?
Old 09-27-2012, 03:12 PM
Silver Member

Re: CVA Apex

I've seen them in some of my latest travels at both Jay's and Cabala's in Dundee. I picked one up to just look at it (yes it hurt) at Jay's and its a good rifle but, I didn't like the feel of it. The stock didn't seem to have any drop, at least not enough for me. Call Jay's in Gaylord, which is where I seen that rifle. They may still have it. I would also suggest that you call Classic Arms in Lansing (closer), as they may have them.

Note: "yes it hurt"..... is because I happen to be a T/C shooter. Myself, I prefer the Pro Hunter.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:31 PM
Silver Member

Ed's Gun Shop
5560 US 1 HWY
Vass, NC 28394
(910) 692-7936
(910) 692-4867 fax
sales@edsgunshop.com or vilorio2005@aol.com

Hours:
M - F - 9am - 6pm
Sat - 9am - 5pm

Ask for Carlos.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:01 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENCORE View Post
I've seen them in some of my latest travels at both Jay's and Cabala's in Dundee. I picked one up to just look at it (yes it hurt) at Jay's and its a good rifle but, I didn't like the feel of it. The stock didn't seem to have any drop, at least not enough for me. Call Jay's in Gaylord, which is where I seen that rifle. They may still have it. I would also suggest that you call Classic Arms in Lansing (closer), as they may have them.

Note: "yes it hurt"..... is because I happen to be a T/C shooter. Myself, I prefer the Pro Hunter.
Cabelas don't. I live exactly 1.7 miles from there. Close enough to spend a gob but far enough to not do it often.......

I heard that there was some issues with the Bergara barrels a while ago but nothing recently. My hunting partner has a CVA/Bergara but it's just a camo stocked BP. I want the flexibility of the switch barrel.

I've always liked the G2 Contenders but they are so expensive and hard to come by. Cabelas had a used G2 this summer that I looked at, it had 2 barrels, a 223 and 45LC/410 but it was kind of rough and Cabelas (as usual) wanted too much for it.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:50 PM
Silver Member

not aware of issues with the bergara barrel.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:25 PM
Platinum Member

Was something pertaining to barrel availablilty for the Apex. Something about only being able to get barrels from CVA only. That was early this year (2012) that I heard about.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:35 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
Cabelas don't. I live exactly 1.7 miles from there. Close enough to spend a gob but far enough to not do it often.......

I heard that there was some issues with the Bergara barrels a while ago but nothing recently. My hunting partner has a CVA/Bergara but it's just a camo stocked BP. I want the flexibility of the switch barrel.

I've always liked the G2 Contenders but they are so expensive and hard to come by. Cabelas had a used G2 this summer that I looked at, it had 2 barrels, a 223 and 45LC/410 but it was kind of rough and Cabelas (as usual) wanted too much for it.
Hummm... they had one a week and a half ago. Give Jay's a call in both Clare and Gaylord. Classic Arms in Lansing, there's a shop in Holt and one near Fowlerville or close to it. Try Bob's Gun Shop over to Hastings too. Another "out of the way" spot, would be Shoebach's (spelling) that is right in down town Jackson. Its been over looked by many and they have a large selection of firearms and such.

Bergara did have some problems with their barrels. At one time, you could find them on EBay, listed as "seconds". I would assume that if they did have a problem, they'd correct it immediately.

I'd consider the Pro Hunter............ and exchange it with any barrel you'd like.