Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Varmint Hunting

Varmint Hunting Techniques For Prairie Dogs, Woodchucks, etc.

Wallaby Hunting In New Zealand

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2012, 03:48 AM
Silver Member

Re: Wallaby Hunting In New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelshooter View Post
I am in Southwest Qld, the further inland you get, the better your chances
. There's a bit of red tape involved, and your vehicle must pass accreditation every year. Some blokes make a living from it but its more if a sideline. The country you have is what will make or break you, and its a cut throat industry regarding properties. Some shooters would sooner lose their missus than their country and poachers would shoot at you if you gave chase.

I stopped when we had kids, and I don't miss it but still glad I did it. If you want to give it a go, find someone to tag along with first.
Thought it might be bit like that. Hard to make a living here aswell. Govt shooters here make an all right living. hard work though. Id love to give it a go for a couple of years have some fun and dont worry about the money.