Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Varmint Hunting

Varmint Hunting Techniques For Prairie Dogs, Woodchucks, etc.

Wallaby Hunting In New Zealand

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2012, 08:01 PM
Silver Member

Wallaby Hunting In New Zealand

Hi all. Thought you might like to see a short vid I made of my brother and dad shooting some wallabys,rabbits and hares. Let me know what you think. Quality isnt that good as most is at night and a quite long range.

Old 05-22-2012, 05:32 AM
Silver Member

Re: Wallaby Hunting In New Zealand

If you ever need another trigger puller, let me know. Been thinking about heading to Aus or NZ for some varmint hunting.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:58 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dust View Post
If you ever need another trigger puller, let me know. Been thinking about heading to Aus or NZ for some varmint hunting.
If you do come over contact me. I can arrange wallaby,rabbit,hare,goats,deer,pigs,tahr whatever you want. great fun shooting wallabys as all the farmers and Govt want them dead so you can shoot as many as ya want. same with goats,rabbits and hares.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:36 AM
Silver Member

Find me a job and convince my wife to come as well? I will retire to NZ, been decided since I went there the first time. Would be nice to get there before I turn 70 though
Old 05-23-2012, 02:38 AM
Silver Member

I'm in Australia and I would also like to move to NZ. I think you have the best hunting conditions/regulations in the world. I've had my fill of shooting roos though, I used to do it professionately. There is definately no shortage of them here, but by law we must have licenses for roos as they are a native species. pretty much anything else is fair game.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:21 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelshooter View Post
I'm in Australia and I would also like to move to NZ. I think you have the best hunting conditions/regulations in the world. I've had my fill of shooting roos though, I used to do it professionately. There is definately no shortage of them here, but by law we must have licenses for roos as they are a native species. pretty much anything else is fair game.
wher in Aus did you shoot roos? Is it hard to get a licence?? Iv done abit of professional goat shooting and would love to have a go at roos. Can you make a living of it over there?? Yea Im so glad Im in New Zealand we are able to hunt what we want when and where we want. prety much no restrictions. Makes game pretty wary on public land though haha.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:44 AM
Silver Member

I am in Southwest Qld, the further inland you get, the better your chances
. There's a bit of red tape involved, and your vehicle must pass accreditation every year. Some blokes make a living from it but its more if a sideline. The country you have is what will make or break you, and its a cut throat industry regarding properties. Some shooters would sooner lose their missus than their country and poachers would shoot at you if you gave chase.

I stopped when we had kids, and I don't miss it but still glad I did it. If you want to give it a go, find someone to tag along with first.