Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Varmint Hunting

Varmint Hunting Techniques For Prairie Dogs, Woodchucks, etc.

V.H.A. cover photo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2007, 09:27 PM
Platinum Member

Re: V.H.A. cover photo

Well, I'm glad the outside of that magazine is still entertaining. Inside is getting lame. You'll have to show me that pic because I let my subscription run out and no plans to re-up.
Pull it
Dump it

If it's not far, it's boring.
Old 03-30-2007, 05:46 AM
PUBLISHER

What would you guys think about adding a Varmint sub-forum?

Maybe a separate Predator subforum, too. Maybe I could learn how to actually find and kill a coyote instead of just scaring them away with my calling here in Wisconsin. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 03-30-2007, 06:28 AM
Gold Member

[ QUOTE ]
What would you guys think about adding a Varmint sub-forum?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes... (and did I say YES?)

I think in the world of long range hunters/shooters, the varmint shooters outnumber the large game shooters 20:1

Most woodchuck and Prairie Dog shooters are taking these small targets at ranges that most games shooters would not dare to shoot - and in their techniques, there is a lot to be learned and shared.

I'm not a large game shooter, but rolling a chuck at 900yds is pure "Pig heaven".

LRH member #23
Old 03-30-2007, 07:18 AM
SPONSOR

[ QUOTE ]
I have been looking at that photo alot lately and can not tell if its a live photo or a taxidermy mount to be honest, either way its pretty damn impressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I kinda thought maybe it was a good taxidermy job as well.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:10 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

I have been thinking about something ever since this issue came out with the names of last years down range clubs included.

As many of you know I made a shot last year that would have easily one the Long Shot of The Year Award but to my own fault was submitted to late in the year to be counted for 2006.

Here is my question. If my name can be included in the lost of those that made the 2000 yard club along side Jesse James, the one that one the LSY award, how is that my shot can not compete against his.

If they are both included in the 20006 down range club listings, does it make much since that my qualifying shot would not be valid for 2006??????? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Anyway, still my own damn fault but it just does not make much sense to me. Seems like it would make more sense that my Down range Club listing should not have come out until 2007 either if it was an issue with me not making the date for inclusion in 2006?

Anyway done ranting!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 03-30-2007, 09:12 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

Len,

I think that would be a great idea. Anyone that has tried to take a coyote at long range knows very well just how hard it is to get those things to stay in one spot long enough to get a shot at.

All the tips we could get would be great and personally, long range varminting is just as exciting as LR big game hunting, mainly because you can do it most of the year compared to only a couple months for big game hunting.

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 03-30-2007, 11:09 AM
SPONSOR

Yea i get what your sayin there Kirby, that doesnt make much sense. And plus now you got some added competition for that LSY award in the form of 2 red necks with a big dang gun. That is if fed ex ever gets it here
"Products for shooters, by shooters"
1-800-522-3314
monday-friday 8:30-5:30 CST