Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Varmint Hunting

Varmint Hunting Techniques For Prairie Dogs, Woodchucks, etc.

Swaro PD Hunt in Casper, WY

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2007, 07:07 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Swaro PD Hunt in Casper, WY

Is that swaro shoot at the Cole Creek ranch?
Old 03-28-2007, 07:15 PM
Gold Member

Sounds like a great time, but I must agree with some of the others. you will be better off driving with all the gear you and Lerch will be packing. make sure that you take windbreakers and DONT go more than 5mph over the speed limit any where close to Carbon County Wyo. go the speed limit or under close to shirley basin (gestapo Joe resides here under the banner of WHP). make sure you take wind flags or some type of wind meter. have fun and give us a report.
UB
Old 03-28-2007, 07:50 PM
Gold Member

If you guys drive up and can kill a week after the p'dog shoot,you could always drive east to the VHAs Jamboree starting the 23rd. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-28-2007, 08:22 PM
SPONSOR

Talked to our rep awhile this afternoon and he seems to think that the outfitter will have an FFL or know someone who does that we can ship them to. Probably will also ship the ammo and cleaning supplies. If we ship it a couple of weeks before it should make it by the time we do even if it does have to go to FL first. We won't be able to take the Wilde and go for any really long shots but oh well. Gotta take the good w/the bad.

I wish we had a week to kill!! I'd love to go to the VHA Jamboree. I have plans to make it in the next couple of years.

I would also like to know what kind of benches these guy have. Regardless of what they have, I would imagine that we'll be reduced to shooting the big gun off of the ground.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:42 AM
Platinum Member

I've got a Wild and a supper duty bench,your more than welcome to use them while your here!
I realize these things are by invite only and I get all the shooting a guy could want,I'm just offering my help if youre interested.
307-267-7624
Old 03-29-2007, 10:00 AM
SPONSOR

I may just take you up on that. I think we will definatly want to use the Wilde and maybe the bench. We'll see what kind of benches they have. I thought about taking our Wilde on the plane but toting that thing on my shoulder into an airport might not be the best idea I've ever had!!!
Old 03-31-2007, 08:25 PM
Platinum Member

Amen , to the advice Unc B gave .

They got me this past fall Unc B [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] My past association with the Sheriff was of no avail [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Jim B