Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Varmint Hunting

Varmint Hunting Techniques For Prairie Dogs, Woodchucks, etc.

Swaro PD Hunt in Casper, WY

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2007, 02:44 PM
SPONSOR

Swaro PD Hunt in Casper, WY

Lerch and I just found out that we are going on our Swarovski prairie dog hunt July 12-15. We figured that we would have to get there on our own, so we were just going to drive. Today we found out that they are paying for us to fly into Casper. Normally this would be great news, but, unfortunatly, it is going to limit us on firearms that we can take [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

We are thinking that we can take all of our "normal firearms" on the plane w/us. We are also wanting to take our 338 AM which weighs in @ about 70 lbs. I looked on American Airlines sight and it looks like they would charge me about $150 to get it up there on the plane. It's also going to cost me an extra $100-$150 for my "normal rifles." I don't know if this is one way or round trip. Would it be cheaper to ship them up there and pick them up than to pay the airline??? Just trying to save a few bucks if it's even possible.

Also, what are the restrictions on taking cleaning solvents on planes??? I'm not going to take my custom rifles if I can't clean them regularly!!

Thanks
Old 03-28-2007, 03:52 PM
Silver Member

Re: Swaro PD Hunt in Casper, WY

hell just ask them to pay for your gas and drive then you can take all the toys and cameras so we can enjoy the pics
Old 03-28-2007, 04:00 PM
SPONSOR

oh they'll be plenty of pics, i guarentee it
"Products for shooters, by shooters"
1-800-522-3314
monday-friday 8:30-5:30 CST
Old 03-28-2007, 04:46 PM
SPONSOR

I live about an hour and 15 minutes North of Casper. Maybe you boys can venture up here and we can try calling in a Coyote or 2..... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-28-2007, 05:15 PM
Platinum Member

I'm in Casper and here to help.Just ship the rifle and ammo to me and I'll have it sited in(Most of the shooting is @ 5100') and ready to go fer ya [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]For an extra couple hundred I'll even save a few dogs for ya [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
All kidding aside if you need any help let me know,always ready to help a fellow dogger!
It cost me $50 to ship a 36# BMG to Wisc so it would be cheaper to ship them both ways but not by much.If it where me I'd drive,even if I had to pay for it myself.There is no way I'd trust the airlines or the mail with all my shooting gear.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:49 PM
SPONSOR

[ QUOTE ]
I'm in Casper and here to help.Just ship the rifle and ammo to me and I'll have it sited in(Most of the shooting is @ 5100') and ready to go fer ya [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]For an extra couple hundred I'll even save a few dogs for ya [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
All kidding aside if you need any help let me know,always ready to help a fellow dogger!
It cost me $50 to ship a 36# BMG to Wisc so it would be cheaper to ship them both ways but not by much.If it where me I'd drive,even if I had to pay for it myself.There is no way I'd trust the airlines or the mail with all my shooting gear.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1 Drive

I agree, suck to get here and not have your guns show up.

you know the airlines are like FedEx !!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-28-2007, 06:49 PM
Platinum Member

[ QUOTE ]
We are thinking that we can take all of our "normal firearms" on the plane w/us. We are also wanting to take our 338 AM which weighs in @ about 70 lbs. I looked on American Airlines sight and it looks like they would charge me about $150 to get it up there on the plane. It's also going to cost me an extra $100-$150 for my "normal rifles." I don't know if this is one way or round trip. Would it be cheaper to ship them up there and pick them up than to pay the airline??? Just trying to save a few bucks if it's even possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lets see $150 for the "bigun" and $100-$150 for the other guns thats $250-$300(could be twice as much if its both ways), gas $2.50 per gal, about 15 mpg, if my maths right thats 1500-1800 miles, unless you're going to take the scenic route thru WI I think I'd drive and shoot what I really wanted to. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]