Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Varmint Hunting

Varmint Hunting Techniques For Prairie Dogs, Woodchucks, etc.

Spooky WV crows

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2009, 10:34 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Spooky WV crows

Yeah, in PA you can only shoot them on Fri/ Sat/ and Sun. I guess they want us to have something legal to shoot all weekend long.
Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Friends don't let friends develop canonitis!-chucknbach

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!
Old 03-20-2009, 10:19 PM

Re: Spooky WV crows

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyk View Post
Yeah it is and I am afflicted and infected with it. I'd shoot them all day, every day, if I could. Something I can't understand; in NC (and similar in VA), you can only shoot them on Thur/Fri/Sat except during the months of Mar/Apr/May. What gives with that stupid law. What makes them so valuable on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Idiotic. JohnnyK.
-
That is 'pretty weird' on the Thur/Fri/Sat shooting only ? , I dont reall get that ? .
I really can't understand why they are protecting those DumpsterDivers but, The months of, Mar/Apr/May . I can understand a littlebit. those months, around here anyway is when they are pairing-up and nesting and then hatching out a Juvenile .
The 'weird law' around here in my area is, that you have to shoot them with a shotgun just like all other state Game-Tag birds even though Crow are non-game bird . But in (real life reality) about 90% of all crows around here are popped with the .22 rimfire . my fovorite crow killer is a suppressed .22 with HP subsonic match . & ....THhhhhWwaaaaaaaaaaPop ! is about all you hear.
(me) I shoot crow 365 with the .22 . Crow around my area is 'BigTimeThick' because all the agriculture and I really think no one really gives a crap about dead crows . Just don't blatantly stupid, shoot them in front a game-fish & wildlife . ... ;) . but most people around here I know shoot the crap out of crows with the 1st choice to reach for, is the good old Twenty-Two .