Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Varmint Hunting

Varmint Hunting Techniques For Prairie Dogs, Woodchucks, etc.

Rangefinder perferences

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2011, 06:26 PM
Silver Member

Re: Rangefinder perferences

tulku, what issues did you find with your swaro? I just got mine and want to know what little bugs could be present.

They have amazing customer service. I lost the threaded piece and the bino mount on a pair and called and tole the guy I lost them and needed to buy another and he said give me your address i will put them in the mail today, no charge.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:35 PM
Silver Member

Rcd , my first two Swaros would'nt repeat worth a hoot . I have a favorite spot where I Test LRFs . Car with sandbags on the roof ....rock steady . BTW , I like the way the Leica switch activates better than the Swaro , seems smoother and less Force required .....although the Swaro ain't bad . I lay one LRF right next to the other . I would press the Range switch and get a reading . Press it again and get another reading hundreds of Yards different while aimed at exactly the same spot . I was just flabbergasted with those results from an expensive ( to me ) LRF . The folks at Swaro were nice to deal with . I was totally floored when I got a second bad one ! The third one was / is a gem , and it outranges my old Leica 1200 Scan by at least 700 Yards . I bought the Swaro fairly soon after they came on the Market or maybe it was just the phase of the Moon . I got a couple of PMs from guys with similar Results , but most guys reported no problems . It does seem nowadays that you have to Test everything you buy while it is still under Warranty . Hope yours is a winner ! I would be interested in your results .
Old 03-18-2011, 11:43 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
It does seem nowadays that you have to Test everything you buy while it is still under Warranty
Aint that the truth! They don't make things like they used to, for damn sure!
I can't believe the products comeing out these days that are sub quality from the start. It doesn't stop at electronics either, I've had issues with high dollar scopes and sent them back before ever mounting them on a gun. It goes all the way up through ATV's, Vehicles, and RV Campers.

If you don't think you'll get a chance to ring something out before the warranty expires, buy extended warranty. It's worth it these days. I bought a brand new 5th wheel camper a couple years ago, didn't use it for a year after buying it. Used it the first time and found all sorts of things that weren't right. I had to get pretty grumpy with the people at the dealership for them to honor the warranty (it was 1 month over).

Old 06-12-2011, 08:40 PM
Silver Member

leica crf, for all the right reasons