Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Varmint Hunting

Varmint Hunting Techniques For Prairie Dogs, Woodchucks, etc.


Reply

P-DOG Huntin

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #15  
Old 03-01-2009, 05:23 PM
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 37
Re: P-DOG Huntin

I have the exact same rifle actually. Love it! As for how it does on coyotes I have only dropped one and it just fell over. Didnt even move. Hit him right behind the shoulder about an inch low. He was 187 yds away coming across a field at me...the 204 does its job!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-01-2009, 05:57 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Somewhere in Kansas
Posts: 247
Re: P-DOG Huntin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racr350 View Post
I have the exact same rifle actually. Love it! As for how it does on coyotes I have only dropped one and it just fell over. Didnt even move. Hit him right behind the shoulder about an inch low. He was 187 yds away coming across a field at me...the 204 does its job!
Do you hand load or use factory ammo. and what kind of groups are you getting and how are you measuring them. mine shot .372 right out of the box with some handloads i already have i measure center center of the farthest two holes.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-01-2009, 06:48 PM
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mcpherson, Kansas
Posts: 84
Re: P-DOG Huntin

Can't wait to see some pic with your new gun
i bet that one p-dog at 527 and yards will not be so luck now
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-01-2009, 07:21 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Somewhere in Kansas
Posts: 247
Re: P-DOG Huntin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate-lab View Post
Can't wait to see some pic with your new gun
i bet that one p-dog at 527 and yards will not be so luck now
Here you go and yes i will get that one! even if i have go in after him


Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-01-2009, 07:26 PM
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mcpherson, Kansas
Posts: 84
Re: P-DOG Huntin

nice now shoot some p-dog with it
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-01-2009, 11:06 PM
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 37
Re: P-DOG Huntin

Noo I dont handload (College Student with minimal time) but I wish I did. With the factory 40grs i can get a pretty solid .85"-.95" 3 shot group at 100 yds. And yea I measure the same way you do...
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-02-2009, 02:13 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Somewhere in Kansas
Posts: 247
Re: P-DOG Huntin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racr350 View Post
Noo I dont handload (College Student with minimal time) but I wish I did. With the factory 40grs i can get a pretty solid .85"-.95" 3 shot group at 100 yds. And yea I measure the same way you do...
Thanks thats not to bad with factory ammo!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads for: P-DOG Huntin
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ever take a 3 yr old Turkey huntin? winmag Turkey Hunting 18 06-24-2010 09:05 AM
Elk huntin today... NONYA Long Range Hunting & Shooting 6 03-30-2010 09:38 PM
Helicopter Hog Huntin' 30-338 Hog Hunting 5 12-09-2009 10:35 PM
New huntin pup NONYA General Discussion 11 10-24-2007 12:00 AM
Chris and me went bear huntin' Dave King General Discussion 26 06-02-2004 07:12 PM

Current Poll
In the last 12 months, what was your longest rifle kill on big game?
0 to 200 yards - 26.01%
1,546 Vote
201 to 400 yards - 32.16%
1,912 Vote
401 to 600 yards - 23.03%
1,369 Vote
601 to 800 yards - 10.03%
596 Votes
801 to 1,000 yards - 3.89%
231 Votes
Over 1,000 yards - 4.89%
291 Votes
Total Votes: 5,945
You may not vote on this poll.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC