Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Varmint Hunting

Varmint Hunting Techniques For Prairie Dogs, Woodchucks, etc.

P-DOG Huntin

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2009, 09:41 AM
Silver Member

Re: P-DOG Huntin

Quote:
Originally Posted by liltank View Post
Can I come to your house? I want to pdog hunt so bad. Groundhog hunting is okay here in PA, but takes a lot more patience and scouting than I really want to do. Crows are fun to shoot at though.

Good shoot'en. Have fun trying to hit the longer ones.

Tank
Thanks, you need to go on a trip to montana or something I think there is even some public p-dog here in ks.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:02 PM
Platinum Member

I like KS. I lived in KS for 3 yrs in Ft. Riley. I spent a lot of time in Abilene, Junction City, Manhattan, Overland Park, Worlds of Fun, Topeka, Lawrence and Chapman. I have been to Olatha, and various towns, traveling around and visiting other churches. I was Baptized in the public pool in Enterprise during a tornado warning. Good times.

God Bless,
Tank
Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Friends don't let friends develop canonitis!-chucknbach

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!
Old 02-27-2009, 09:00 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
I like KS. I lived in KS for 3 yrs in Ft. Riley. I spent a lot of time in Abilene, Junction City, Manhattan, Overland Park, Worlds of Fun, Topeka, Lawrence and Chapman. I have been to Olatha, and various towns, traveling around and visiting other churches. I was Baptized in the public pool in Enterprise during a tornado warning. Good times.

God Bless,
Tank
I grew up in McPherson, when i graduated last year i moved down to Medicine Lodge to work for an oil company, There is lots p-dogs around dodge city but i don't know if there is any public hunting there.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:45 AM
Platinum Member

I think I was in McPherson once. It was a church assembly in an old car dealership turned into a church. We were there for a Kent Henry confrence. Good stuff! I never made it to the Western side of the state to often. I went to Witchitaw a couple of times and Salina. Come to think of it, I really like KS. We'll have to keep in touch. If I ever get out that way, maybe we can hook up for a pdog outing.

Tank
Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Friends don't let friends develop canonitis!-chucknbach

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!
Old 02-27-2009, 04:31 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
I think I was in McPherson once. It was a church assembly in an old car dealership turned into a church. We were there for a Kent Henry confrence. Good stuff! I never made it to the Western side of the state to often. I went to Witchitaw a couple of times and Salina. Come to think of it, I really like KS. We'll have to keep in touch. If I ever get out that way, maybe we can hook up for a pdog outing.

Tank
That sounds like a great plan!
Old 03-01-2009, 02:09 AM
Bronze Member

Ahh man your getting me too excited! I got my 204 for christmas and have only been able to drop a coyote and several crows. I can't wait until it starts warming up and I can get out there for some long range woodchuckin! Thats some awesome shooting btw. 400+ yards on a little pdog with a 204 is no easy task. So i have to ask ya...how awesome is the 204!?
Old 03-01-2009, 08:19 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racr350 View Post
Ahh man your getting me too excited! I got my 204 for christmas and have only been able to drop a coyote and several crows. I can't wait until it starts warming up and I can get out there for some long range woodchuckin! Thats some awesome shooting btw. 400+ yards on a little pdog with a 204 is no easy task. So i have to ask ya...how awesome is the 204!?
Its AMAZING i just got rid of my ruger no 1 and got rem 700 sps varminter 204 ad i cant wait to soot some p-dogs with it! hows it do on yotes?