Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Varmint Hunting

Varmint Hunting Techniques For Prairie Dogs, Woodchucks, etc.

First SD prairie dog shoot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2012, 09:13 PM

Location: Dayton OH -- For a Liberal State They Don't Mind Guns
Re: First SD prairie dog shoot

Well just back from PD Hunting/Shooting in Interior.

Interior SD -- the population has been hit hard by the plauge/illness -- Day 1 I had a total of 8 and my group of 4 had about 30. We did talk to the gentleman at the Cowboy Corner (Gas Station/Conv Store) who gave us a good lead on a farm that was overrun with PD -- we paid him $100 for our group of 7 (another 3 showed) and it was a great investment, those were some dumb PD's -- however the next day they did smarten up a little, but very little. I bagged another 30 that afternoon and the next morning.

Circle View Ranch B&B was as good as always -- just wish he PD Population would recover, of course the ranchers are happy they are stuggling. The sad part the population is really growing in the designated no-hunt areas and these dogs are still effecting the ranchers.

UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukwildcats View Post
Any update -- I am heading out on Saturday to the Circle View for shooting from Sunday to Wednesday then off to NW Nebraska to try out another location.

Thanks

UK