Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Varmint Hunting

Varmint Hunting Techniques For Prairie Dogs, Woodchucks, etc.

Doggin trip cancelled

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2011, 06:39 PM
Bronze Member

Doggin trip cancelled

Well we had planned to go to Nebraska first part of June to go on our first PD shoot for my sons 15th b-day. The guy we was going to shoot with emailed and said all of the land he had avaiable got poisoned out pretty much. So I got tables built,ammo loaded and no where to go now.

Anyone have any suggestions on some place to go or outfitters that aren't too high dollar?
Old 05-25-2011, 05:18 AM
Silver Member

Re: Doggin trip cancelled

Not for nothing,but we got a list of farmers in northwest nebraska.from the state,,,sloan...
Old 05-27-2011, 08:01 AM
Platinum Member

jghogger and a couple others have gone to S. Dakota to hunt. May want to look him up and see what you can find out.

Tank
Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Friends don't let friends develop canonitis!-chucknbach

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!
Old 05-30-2011, 07:53 PM
Silver Member

Come to sd find dog town ask rancher to shoot said pdogs. Go shoot all day and go thank rancher maybe ask what kind of adult beverage he likes and bring him a bottle/case the next day. Set up for life time of pdog shooting. I would not pay a wooden nickel to shoot the rodents with all the guys that will just let you go.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:34 PM
Bronze Member

Just got back from a 50mile radius of Rapid City, SD - all Prairie dogs are dead due to the Plague carried by a flea.... ruined my Vacation. We have been shooting around Rapid city for 8 years - you could easily shoot 1000 rounds a day with and AR-15 - now we found a small town we have never shot and it lasted about 4 hours... :( Please help with some SD towns :( Even the conata basin is dead :(
Old 06-17-2011, 07:56 AM
Silver Member

Head east around mobridge area lots of them still here i heard aobut that plague in that part. Give them two years the dogs will be back