Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Varmint Hunting

Varmint Hunting Techniques For Prairie Dogs, Woodchucks, etc.

Back to shooting post stroke!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2012, 06:12 PM

Back to shooting post stroke!

What a ride!! Sitting in recliner with wives little dog when the lights went out. Knew something was wrong, Delors phone then dog. Had to feel for phone but could not get 911 dialed. Finally got my son called. He called 911, ambulance beat him to my house. I had to get to the kitchen door to let EMT in. Son finally came and corralled house dogs. He garbed my coat, I had to tell him to check my pocket for something the ER wouldn't want to find!! .
After a year of therapy I apparently am as good as I will get. Have been shooting some and still can shoot with a scope. No strength yet so bird and big game are not on program. Still can't work, drive, or another thing I want to do. :(.....
Thinking about a p dog hunt. I can shoot with a scope. Thinking about south Dakota for hunt. Any ideas where to go or any outfitters I should or should not contact.

Thanks.

Joe
Jcbdc@aol.com
Old 03-09-2012, 08:02 AM
Bronze Member

Re: Back to shooting post stroke!

Doc,
you may want to look into joining the Varmint Hunters Association.
There is a lot of useful info published in there & there are plenty of outfitters advertising in it.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:38 AM
Gold Member

Re: Back to shooting post stroke!

Heck Philipps in Colorado is a VERY well known and RESPECTED PD outfitter. The only problem is he may be already booked for 2012.

prairiedogshoot.com

Jon