Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Varmint Hunting

Varmint Hunting Techniques For Prairie Dogs, Woodchucks, etc.

.22 long rifle ammo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2013, 04:31 PM
Bronze Member

.22 long rifle ammo

Hey,

You guys have probably been expecting a thread like this: I am looking for .22lr ammo. Pleas reply with any information leading to a place where I can get some.

Well, here it is, can you guys help us out?

Thanks again guys!
Old 04-14-2013, 08:13 PM
Silver Member

Re: .22 long rifle ammo

Good luck, I walked in to a store and found the last ammo can they had. 1600 rds for 130. Bought it on the spot.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:36 PM
Silver Member

22lr...It has been non existent around here. My guess is the store workers are buying it before it hits the selves and selling online. Or they are scooping it up for friends.

Second guess...The unemployed sleeping out front waiting for the shipment to arrive.

I spoke with someone at ammo counter and said they had about 15 people waiting before opening of store offering to help unload the truck in order to have first pick.

The way to beat this is to not pay outrageous prices from people selling online. private sellers or dealers. It will just give them incentive to keep swarming the stores buying more than they need and then going to craigslist and classifieds selling at a higher price. No matter how desperate you are! It is a part of the problem. imo.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:56 PM
Gold Member

My Walmart was stocking Mini-Mags this evening.

Jon
Old 04-17-2013, 05:19 AM

[QUOTE=lightflight;794062
The way to beat this is to not pay outrageous prices from people selling online. private sellers or dealers. It will just give them incentive to keep swarming the stores buying more than they need and then going to craigslist and classifieds selling at a higher price. No matter how desperate you are! It is a part of the problem. imo.[/QUOTE]
I agree but there will always be people that will pay the crazy prices because they can and there use to other peole doing the work for them.JMO
Old 04-19-2013, 12:12 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by labdad View Post
I agree but there will always be people that will pay the crazy prices because they can and there use to other peole doing the work for them.JMO
When demand far exceeds supply, I don't know of a better arbiter of scarce resources than price. You either pay the market price or you don't get any. The choice is yours.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:41 PM
Silver Member

Pay the price, wait in line, or don't get any.