Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards

Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards Techniques For Coyote, Fox and Cat Hunting

What's your caliber of choice, for coyotes?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2011, 03:54 PM
Silver Member

Re: What's your caliber of choice, for coyotes?

Great minds think a like, but based on the context of his post, I am guessing we weren't the only ones that would take issue with what he said.

I love how he said I couldn't shoot a 223 past 400. We freaking qual with M-16s with iron sights at 600 yards! Doesn't mean I am going to shoot an animal at that range with that weapon if I have a better alternative.

Last edited by Lapua guy; 05-12-2011 at 03:59 PM.
Old 05-12-2011, 03:56 PM
Bronze Member

And I am sure there are plenty more here who were thinking the same thing as Lupua Guy and Tikka Mike that chose to say nothing.
Old 05-12-2011, 03:58 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapua guy View Post
Great minds think a like, but based on the context of his post, I am guessing we weren't the only ones that would take issue with what he said.
Pretty funny you beat me to the punch line.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:00 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckfynn View Post
And I am sure there are plenty more here who were thinking the same thing as Lupua Guy and Tikka Mike that chose to say nothing.
And you are smarter for it. I don't suffer fools well enough at times. I should have just let it go, but he pissed me off with that 'sonny boy' comment.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:03 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapua guy View Post
And you are smarter for it. I don't suffer fools well enough at times. I should have just let it go, but he pissed me off with that 'sonny boy' comment.
the sheer cocky ignorance is what got me... maybe im confrontational...

Get a JOB! I already feed the bears, I dont need to feed you too!

" Real elk guns start with the number 3 or bigger and blow two holes, one in and one out." - My Dad
Old 05-12-2011, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkamike View Post
DANG IT LAPUA GUY! I was replying and you beat me to it! Funny thing is we both said about the same thing.
Now guys the Thread was What my choice of Caliber for Coyotes not the Ideal caliber.
I shoot the .17 Rem because it works up close and out a ways.
There is no best round for any animal period.
I do not have to use my .17 as I have many others I can grab but I use it because it works period!
If the .17 was not a good coyote rifle then I guess the 1000's of coyotes killed every year by the .17 should feel slighted.
If there was one best rifle or caliber then we would have no need for any others.
You said you can shoot in the wind then good on you. I live in Wyoming and if the wind starts any where it is here!
We can sit here and stir the pot and I can give you my history and back ground as it is related to shooting and hunting not included my time behind a counter but it would do no good.
Let's just say I have extensive history including 23 years military along with 15 years Navy Spec War.
How many years were you in and what branch did you serve? No matter which branch you served or where you served then a big thank you is in order.
We can beat this dead horse but it aint gettin up.
Like I saidif you shoot em where they live just make sure you have a sharp knife!
By the way I do like the 6mm AI, one great round.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:01 PM
Platinum Member

I live in Wyoming too I travel from basin down to wamsutter and back every week so if anyone knows about wind its me. It looks like your just back peddaling now. Maybe you should watch how you approach people. If this were a bar I imagine you would have gotten a beating

Get a JOB! I already feed the bears, I dont need to feed you too!

" Real elk guns start with the number 3 or bigger and blow two holes, one in and one out." - My Dad