Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards

Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards Techniques For Coyote, Fox and Cat Hunting

ultimate long range coyote, medium range white tail, long range comp rig finished!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2014, 07:59 AM
Bronze Member

Re: ultimate long range coyote, medium range white tail, long range comp rig finished

Thanks man, I'm stuck out of town on a field job now. Hopefully my dies and brass will be there when I get home this weekend...
Old 03-20-2014, 01:55 PM
Silver Member

Re: ultimate long range coyote, medium range white tail, long range comp rig finished

Such guns and scopes are the dreams of long range riflemen. A beautiful, well constructed rifle.

My dream rifle would be as follows:

ACTION> Tikka or Browning A-Bolt W/3 lug bolt
BARREL> Obermeyer with 5R rifling
CHASSIS> Accurate Mag's new modular chassis or similar W/ folding stock
CALIBER> 6.5 mm Creedmoor
SCOPE> Bushnell ERS 3.5 - 21 X50 W/Horus H59 reticle (I already have this scope.)

A boy can dream...
Old 03-20-2014, 02:38 PM
Bronze Member

Start saving! It took me a while to build mine, a word of advice though would be if you wanted a SOlID 3 lug bolt would be a badger ordnance 2013 action, it's a little lighter than the 2008 action but just as strong and by the time you had the tikka or browning trued you wouldn't be far from one in cost and would have a much better foundation to build on. Plus it seriously helps on the resale side of things if you ever wanted/had to get rid of the gun, I was going to use a surgeon action but they quit selling actions alone so I just went with a trued remington.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litehiker View Post
Such guns and scopes are the dreams of long range riflemen. A beautiful, well constructed rifle.

My dream rifle would be as follows:

ACTION> Tikka or Browning A-Bolt W/3 lug bolt
BARREL> Obermeyer with 5R rifling
CHASSIS> Accurate Mag's new modular chassis or similar W/ folding stock
CALIBER> 6.5 mm Creedmoor
SCOPE> Bushnell ERS 3.5 - 21 X50 W/Horus H59 reticle (I already have this scope.)

A boy can dream...
Old 03-20-2014, 06:08 PM
Bronze Member

Well my brass and dies just got here but thanks to work I won't be getting a chance to shoot it for at least another 2 weeks... It's about to kill me!

Last edited by pondskipper; 03-20-2014 at 07:00 PM.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:23 AM

That rifle you built is awesome. 243 is my favotite cart. Think I will dito my old 700 adl into that of yours. Nice.
Old 03-25-2014, 12:02 PM
Bronze Member

Thanks man, parish Davis does good work!
Old 03-25-2014, 01:55 PM
Silver Member

Pondskipper,

Thanks for theBadger Ordinance info on 3 lug actions. I'll save it to Favorites so I can always remember thecompany name. I was not aware that any US custom company made 3 lug actions. This is good news - a trued action to boot.

My HS Precision/Rem. stainless long action is on a (natch) HS Precision stock but since it's in .300 Win Mag it is too powerful to be permitted in many long range competitions here in S. Nevada. That's why I'mgoing with 6.5 Creedmoor.