Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards

Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards Techniques For Coyote, Fox and Cat Hunting

Stupid Tennessee Coyote Hunting Law

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2012, 11:30 PM
Gold Member

Stupid Tennessee Coyote Hunting Law

Well, I can coyote hunt again tomorrow. I haven't been able to for the last 3 months. Why, you might ask. Because deer season has been open. You see, our state wildlife agency has made it illegal to deer hunt with a centerfire rifle during deer season. It's still legal to hunt them with a rimfire but we all know how well that works.
Deer season closed today so I'm legal again.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:27 AM
Silver Member

Re: Stupid Tennessee Coyote Hunting Law

??? Pretty sure you can still hunt them through deer season. All except the 4 days for youth season.

Last edited by tnshooter111; 01-09-2012 at 12:29 AM. Reason: No
Old 01-09-2012, 07:51 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrodmar10 View Post
Well, I can coyote hunt again tomorrow. I haven't been able to for the last 3 months. Why, you might ask. Because deer season has been open. You see, our state wildlife agency has made it illegal to deer hunt with a centerfire rifle during deer season. It's still legal to hunt them with a rimfire but we all know how well that works.
Deer season closed today so I'm legal again.
I will assume you mistyped your thoughts. You are saying you cannot hunt deer with a centerfire rifle during deer season. Which has nothing to do with hunting coyote.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:58 AM
Gold Member

You can't use a centerfire at all during archery or muzzle loader season. You can use it during the gun season but you have to have a deer hunting license and wear 500 sq. in. of blaze orange in a hat and vest. That works about as good as the rim fire.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:53 AM
Silver Member

mass laws have one better...i can use center fire rifles during day light hours from Oct till March. but during the two week deer season i can only use my shot gun, loaded with slugs or buckshot, after the season we are limited to FFF shot i beleve. i can use my rifle again DURING THE MUZZLE LOADING deer season...it doesnt make a hole lot of scene to me... also small game hunting is also closed during the shot gun deer season.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:56 AM
Platinum Member

A little 17 HMR does a decent job on coyotes, we kill use one or a 22lr to kill the ones that come in fast and get in under a 100 yards.

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"
Old 01-09-2012, 01:17 PM
Platinum Member

Typically, laws, rules and regulations are enacted by people who have no idea or realization of what or whom impact those laws, rules or regulations.

Elected officials, despite pre-election pronouncements about this and that, really could care less. It's all about what is good for them....

Great country we live in isn't it??

Sort of like the wolf moratorium in Northern Michigan. The wolves are decimating sport game and livestock as well but you can't eliminate them, except in documented kill instances and those only include livestock and domesticated dogs. Nothing else.