Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards

Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards Techniques For Coyote, Fox and Cat Hunting

stupid coyote

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2011, 10:18 PM
Bronze Member

Re: stupid coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkamike View Post
Jeffrey city huh? Well a lot has changed since you were last there in the 80's. It went from Its peak of being a busy mining town to a ghost town. A few people live there now. The bar is still going. Most of the houses were sold dirt cheap or given aways but you had to move them. Mostly its a wind break for the highway now. I go through there every Friday so ill try and remember to snap a pic Friday And send it to you.
In 1980 it just a road trip through JC. I have heard it is pretty much a ghost town now.When we lived there in the '60s, if I recall correctly, JC had about 300 people. I still know some of the ranchers around there. A photo of JC would be cool if if isn't too much trouble.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:37 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steyr Luxus View Post
Does the state of Wyoming have laws which make it unlawful to do the following:

1. Have a loaded firearm (live ammunition in breech, chamber or magazine) in or on, or discharge a weapon from vehicle
a. a boat unless the boat is propelled by muscular power or is at anchor and the person is hunting, or
any kind of aircraft or vehicle whether it is moving or stationary.
Note: Ammunition may be carried in a magazine that is not attached to the firearm.
b. discharge a weapon within 200 yards or cause a projectile from a weapon to pass within 200 yards of any occupied building. Owners, occupants, or persons authorized by the owner or occupant are excepted, subject to local bylaws.
c. discharge a firearm from or cause a projectile from a firearm to pass along or across:
a) a highway,
b) a road that is paved, oiled, graded or regularly maintained, unless
- the road is held under any active disposition under the Public Lands Act or under an order under the Surface Rights Act, or
- the person is hunting game birds with a shotgun under the authority of a licence.

If Wyoming does then what you describe is an unlawful discharge of a firearm. Think of this as a cannon fodder for the animal rights activists and politicians. We as hunters do not need any additional pressures on the sport of hunting; firearms legislation. We as hunters have a responsibility of due diligence to follow the laws which pertain to our sport!!!
those things don't apply in emergencies. a coyote standing in the ditch shooting you the finger is an emergency. he saved 7 deer
Old 05-24-2011, 10:39 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
id10t
to the contrary, the laws were made for idiots. do you never speed?
Old 05-24-2011, 10:45 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
buckfynn "Wanna be game wardens on a forum are kind of like back seat drivers, nobody pays a whole of attention to them. Besides only TikkaMike knows what went on out there that day near Sweatwater,WY, so it is pretty much his business and nobody else's anyways."

Wanna be Game Warden......................... you never know who you are replying too in these forms. Think for a minute what "Topgun 30-06" has said about bragging regarding your said illegal activities. Backseat drivers are observers who pay attention to details.
Additionally, I concur with Topgun's 30-06 comments on this thread.
Now wait a minute. What kind of illegal activities are you blaming me of doing?
Old 05-24-2011, 10:47 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkamike View Post
Wow topgun3006 is really pissed at me. I'm getting pm's from him. Here's what I got.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgun 30-06
Are you really as dumb as you are coming across with those posts on shooting that coyote from a highway? If you are, I hope Tom catches you doing it again like you said you would be doing and you get the book thrown at you!!! Anybody that's dumb enough to come on the internet and flaunt game law viloations like you're doing deserves whatever they get, just like that dumbazz kid in Worland who poached that big buck last Fall and then put pictures of it it all over the net, LOL. Can you spell DUMBASS!!!
Looks like I got a PM from the Top Gun welcoming committee too.

Last edited by buckfynn; 05-24-2011 at 11:19 PM. Reason: edit
Old 05-24-2011, 11:15 PM
Bronze Member

they have to have laws to protect us from idiots and to file againgst people shooting across hwys and hurting people. you know, a lot of the laws they have now are actually illegal by the 9th and 10 amendments of the constitution. they make it illegal to hunt p. chicken and then make it illegal to shoot hawks because of libs derailing game depts from managing wildlife and by stacking game depts with lib preservationists determined to ruin hunting and preventing your rights of the constitution. tons of hawks =no quail or p. chickens=no hunting. now in texas we got the new law to only get one gator gar /day. they eat 5lb bass like kids eat chips. in a few we will get to drop the bass limit to one/wk. they made it illegal to kill water turkeys cause the eat millions of baby bass. the only way we have bass now is cause nobody keeps them. we had tons of muleys in the sacramnto mts of seast nm 40 years ago. i would see 25-50/day in archery season. the fur-coyote-prices went down and mt lions were protected and there really isnt a huntable deer pop. in 35 years. they sell a few tags to get money and the biologists think things are fine cause they started workin 20 years ago and hey-ther's just as many deer now as 20 freaking years ago. they know everything cause they took 2 yrs of basics and 2years of wildlife biology and think what they see is normal. get a life. they gave us lobos 10 years ago in se nm and the 3 herds of antelope and several small herds of desert muleys i used to watch are gone. there are some deer in cloudcroft and ruidoso and pinon, etc as they can feed in yards at night and get protection by dogs from mt lion and coyotes. if you hunt the backcountry and see 3 deer you had a good day where i used to see 30. game wardens would kill to catch a guy get a deer to eat while the place is rife with mt lions(of which most the young starves) and the others kill up to 65 deer/yr. we could have tons more deer but da's are happy to draw a tag every 5 years and think they are lucky. ha. and then they want to piss on someone who saved us 7 deer.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:19 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgun 30-06 View Post
Maybe you should go back and take an English course along with Hunters Ed, LOL!!!
Nobody wanted a Hunter's Ed. course from the other guy.

Nobody wants an English lesson from you either.