Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards

Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards Techniques For Coyote, Fox and Cat Hunting

stupid coyote

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2011, 12:25 PM
Platinum Member

stupid coyote

So I was on my weekly drive again last friday and to my suprise there was a coyote walking down the ditch next to the highway so i did my normal drive way past him, turn around get my gun ready and go back down to where I was him hoping to get a shot routine. well there he was, I pu.led up to him and he just stood there at 20 yards like he was my lab waiting for me to let the tail gate down. so in my excited high school girl frindzy I decided to shoot him in the head and totally blew right over him. he darted and again like an excited teenager shot into the brush i saw him go behind hoping to hit him and again a miss. not suprised I had missed I jacked another one in as he cam outon the other side of the fence, still only 50 yards away, i finally settled down and put one in his shoulders. geesh what a bunch of embarrasing shooting. leave it to me to blow the easy shots! anyway here he is. really nice coat for this time of year. too bad im not a hide hunter.

Get a JOB! I already feed the bears, I dont need to feed you too!

" Real elk guns start with the number 3 or bigger and blow two holes, one in and one out." - My Dad
Old 05-04-2011, 01:07 PM
Platinum Member

Re: stupid coyote

Nice looking coyote. Better load up some more ammo if you plan on going hunting again using the same technique.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:09 PM
Platinum Member

Yeah no kidding. It was rediculus

" Real elk guns start with the number 3 or bigger and blow two holes, one in and one out." - My Dad
Old 05-04-2011, 02:02 PM
Bronze Member

Does the state of Wyoming have laws which make it unlawful to do the following:

1. Have a loaded firearm (live ammunition in breech, chamber or magazine) in or on, or discharge a weapon from vehicle
a. a boat unless the boat is propelled by muscular power or is at anchor and the person is hunting, or
any kind of aircraft or vehicle whether it is moving or stationary.
Note: Ammunition may be carried in a magazine that is not attached to the firearm.
b. discharge a weapon within 200 yards or cause a projectile from a weapon to pass within 200 yards of any occupied building. Owners, occupants, or persons authorized by the owner or occupant are excepted, subject to local bylaws.
c. discharge a firearm from or cause a projectile from a firearm to pass along or across:
a) a highway,
b) a road that is paved, oiled, graded or regularly maintained, unless
- the road is held under any active disposition under the Public Lands Act or under an order under the Surface Rights Act, or
- the person is hunting game birds with a shotgun under the authority of a licence.

If Wyoming does then what you describe is an unlawful discharge of a firearm. Think of this as a cannon fodder for the animal rights activists and politicians. We as hunters do not need any additional pressures on the sport of hunting; firearms legislation. We as hunters have a responsibility of due diligence to follow the laws which pertain to our sport!!!
Old 05-04-2011, 02:08 PM
Platinum Member

get over yourself dude. im pretty sure animal rights activists arent looking up coyote hunting stories on the internet and if they are who cares. they have no shortage of things they use as ammo against us. But to answer your question. yeah everything I did was illegal not to mention i was probably in the city limits of sweetwater station, wyoming about a mile from the nearest house even thought the population is about 15. but guess what i do it all the time im not unsafe about it i dont shoot when there are cars around or towards buildings. I am not gonna stop either.

Old 05-04-2011, 05:38 PM
SPONSOR

The worst thing is that you should never take a coyote that dumb out of the gene pool. We need them to water down the intelligence of the rest.
www.no-off-season.com

"No crowds, no limits, no seasons...no bad days."
Old 05-04-2011, 05:46 PM
Bronze Member

id10t