re: Snowy Mountain Rifles wants your input on ideal walking varmint rifle
Thanks for the pics!
Just for some comparisons, I took measurements of the forends of five different stocks I have on hand.
1. M40A1 (original model smear) measures 1.78”
2. B&C M40 style stock has 2.03”
3. McMillan A3 measures 1.90”
4. Manners T4A measures 2.47”
5. McMillan A5 measures 2.50”
All measurements were taken half way between the recoil lug and forend. The A3 was a LA stock. If you were looking for a narrow forend, the M40A1/HTG stock is the slimmest of these particular five. I think everybody already knew that but now you have an idea of how wide each forend is. I don’t have the McMillan Rem Hunter stock on hand to measure.
Any particular thumbhole stock you prefer? AICS, Manners GAT or T5 or other? How about color/camo finish?