Re: Snowy Mountain Rifles wants your input on ideal walking varmint rifle
1. 22-250 or .223
2. 22-250 twist=1 in 8, .223=1 in 7 or 8 for heavy pills
3. Predator action or Remington trued action
4. Benchmark light plama contour, fluted threaded for suppressor w/thread protector. (My boy says flutes look Cool)
5. McMillan HTG Adj. 50% med. tan, 25% black, 25% OD green
6. Trigger personal choice but 1.5 to 2 pounds
7. BDL type bottom metal. Not a big fan of removable magazines
8. Topped with an NXS 3.5-15X56 NPR-1
I already have a 22-250 very close to this. The barrel is a benchmark med. palma contour and the stock is an HTG Adj. but is 50% med tan 25% black and 25% red.
The light palma would lighten it up a little but thats the only change I would make.