Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards

Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards Techniques For Coyote, Fox and Cat Hunting

Rock River Arms Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2013, 03:44 PM

Rock River Arms Feedback

I am looking at Rock River arms for a new coyote and groundhog gun. Any one who has one, I would appreciate any feedback on likes or dislikes. Also what is the best setup to get?
Old 03-01-2013, 06:48 PM
Silver Member

Re: Rock River Arms Feedback

I have the Predator Pursuit, 18". I switched the round forearm to a Daniel Defence quad rail and replaced the butstock with a VLTOR colapsable stock. IMO, it has the best factory trigger available and is dead nut accurate. I like the 1-7 twist so I can shoot the heavier bullets.
Very well made and you won't be disapointed....finding one at a reasonable price might be a problem
Old 03-01-2013, 10:57 PM
Bronze Member

Shot a RRA ATH (advanced tactical hunter) a while back. I agree the trigger is perfect. RRA makes an awesome rifle the only things I didn't love were that the comp was much louder than your standard flash hider and the forend, while really nice, is a little heavy IMO, I prefer lightweight rifles. I think the comp probably helps with quicker follow ups, but I never hunt with hearing protection and it left my head ringing. Anyway just my preference, I doubt you would be disappointed with any rock river.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:00 AM
Gold Member

Love my 16in coyote carbine. The hogue forearm sucks (troy 11in on the way) swapped the trigger for a JP Ent comp triger. Have ran the crap out of it without a hiccup. Yotes and gophers HATE this rifle.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:04 AM
Bronze Member

I bought a Fred Eichler addition at the begining of this season and the dogs ha it! Killed a lot of them! Light, very easy to move with. But I hated the muzzle brake! That thing flat sucked and is not needed. Sure it kept the muzzle junp to damn near 0 but my ears also hated it! I am going to screw that thing off and add a suppresor this summer! All in all the rifle is very accurate and well built! Hand down my pick!
Old 03-03-2013, 08:39 AM
Silver Member

I have a RRA Predator Pursuit Upper (20") with a RRA lower that I had JP enterprises build out with their single stage trigger.

I put lots of Magpul goodies on it, and it has become one of the most fun rifles to shoot at Pdogs. It is close to the accuracy of my bolt guns, easily 1/2" at 100.

If you want a carry gun, a lighter weight rig would be good, stick with 18-20" barrels. The varmint rigs are nice bench guns, but heavy.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:25 AM

I built my AR off a Rock River Preadator Persuit barreled upper and love it. It holds consistent 1/2moa with 69g sierras. Only wish I didn't live in lead free zone because it doesn't matter what load I try the groups open up.