Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards

Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards Techniques For Coyote, Fox and Cat Hunting

Other Electronic Call Options

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2012, 10:40 PM
Bronze Member

Other Electronic Call Options

I'm new to coyote hunting. I've been looking for electronic calls and I am shocked by the prices. I really don't plan on paying more for the call than my rifle ...... LOL. Anyway, I've checked out Foxpro and was wondering what other options are out there that are reasonably priced. I've seen some of the 40 dollar calls out there and just wondered if anyone has used them or can discuss them. Please .... no "buy once cry once" posts.

Mutt
Old 01-30-2012, 02:29 AM
Bronze Member

Re: Other Electronic Call Options

You know, foxpro is a darn good caller! I had a 50 dollar ecall that just didn't ever work so I just swiched to mouth calls! I in fact still use both mouth calls and the foxpro, I don't know what your budget is but saving up on a foxpro is a good choice in my book, oh also check out primos e calls, sounds on them are pretty good!
Old 01-30-2012, 07:54 PM
Silver Member

I agree, theer way too pricy for what they do

I have now 2 fox por's that have issue's

and a third i tried in a local store today had like isse's

so, even for the price, they have issue's

they need to invet a more simple caler that works better if you ask, me and make them lower in price, and try to make money on numbers sold, not on each one sold!!

the rmotoe contral car companys make great stuff that works from very far and for less$$$

why cannot these caller come with more base models and have them work better??
Old 01-31-2012, 01:36 AM
Bronze Member

I downloaded 2 apps for my android phone. One is coyote calls and one is predator calls. They each have a bunch of sounds. I know my cell phone won't be loud enough. So, I have toyed around with using an auxillary jack from my phone to a boom box and use the boom box to project the sounds louder.

Just wondering if anyone else has used any other off brands or DIY stuff to do the same thing.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:11 PM
Silver Member

well another up date

fox pro has gotten back to me and offered to ship me a new caller and decoy that tested and works, to swap out mine that has??? issue's

so ill see what happens with another one!!
Old 01-31-2012, 09:48 PM
Bronze Member

You keep mentioning "issues" ....... what issues.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:50 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muttt View Post
I downloaded 2 apps for my android phone. One is coyote calls and one is predator calls. They each have a bunch of sounds. I know my cell phone won't be loud enough. So, I have toyed around with using an auxillary jack from my phone to a boom box and use the boom box to project the sounds louder.

Just wondering if anyone else has used any other off brands or DIY stuff to do the same thing.
I have those calls on my phone too but havent done anything with them.

A boom box would work if it has good sound at high volume. But the ones that do have good sound at high volumes cost as much as a dedicated electronic caller. Or maybe you could get a ghetto blaster from someone in the hood.