Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards

Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards Techniques For Coyote, Fox and Cat Hunting

Not Long Range But I finally shot somethin'

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2007, 12:58 PM
Platinum Member

Not Long Range But I finally shot somethin'

Too nice of a morning to do what I was supposed to do. Armed with the intent to shoot something, namely a yote, I bagged the long range idea and took the 222 Rem w/50gr V-Maxs, my stool and sticks and started on a nice walk out behind the house.

About a dozen pheasants flushed anywhere from 30 to 150 yards. They are really spooky lately. I continued my stroll when I heard a pheasant doing the alarm/warning/hey mr. yote I know your there squack.

I unfolded the stool and plunked my butt on it, settled in and got comfortable with the surroundings. After a bit I gave a couple of muffled squeaks on the little Lohman "Circe" call.

In just seconds, there is Mr. Yote. How did he get there, huh? Standing broad side looking in my direction at about 50 yards.:confused: He started trotting along the fence. I was too open to bring up the rifle. As he went behind a russian olive bush I brought the gun up and put the cross hairs on him. He was still trotting. I caught myself in one helluva flinch. What's with this. My motion must have caught is eye as he stopped and turned quartering toward me.

This time it was calm, cool and collected, except I think I still yanked the trigger.:o Never the less DRT (I've never figured out what DRT means but lots of ya'll use it when the Bang Flop happens.)

Started on the walk again and at the next set my *&$%&^%*&%&^ lens popped out of my glasses. DON'T EVER GET PLASTIC LENS IN WIRE FRAMES:mad:.

So, I went back to the house and got the Yote Tote.

Gonna take him to Neighbor Nick's who is a taxidermist for fun fella. Thus a good pelt won't go to waste. I think there was an exit wound, but its hard to tell.
Old 12-27-2007, 01:14 PM
Gold Member

Roy

I think its "DEAD RIGHT THERE"
Old 12-27-2007, 09:24 PM
Bronze Member

Congrats!! Good looking coyote!!!

Bob

http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/
Old 12-27-2007, 09:31 PM
Silver Member

Nice looking dog but I have to say I really like the yote tote gotta get me one of those
Old 12-27-2007, 10:50 PM
Gold Member

Nice looking yote Roy. Wish I could find one around here that looked that good. All I've shot have been mange so far.

Is that yote tote patent pending;)

Brian

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
RMEF Member
Old 12-28-2007, 04:28 PM
Platinum Member

Nice job Roy, the yote tote could also double as a Stealthy Stand Entry Vehicle.
Old 12-29-2007, 01:29 PM
Bronze Member

Yeh, but what is all that white stuff?????

http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/