Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards

Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards Techniques For Coyote, Fox and Cat Hunting

Longest Coyote Kill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 04:33 PM
Gold Member

Re: Longest Coyote Kill

After some work I found the prices on these. Wow.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:18 PM
SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Trigger Finger View Post
After some work I found the prices on these. Wow.
Yep. Each step in this game gets exponentially more expensive, doesn't it?
www.no-off-season.com

"No crowds, no limits, no seasons...no bad days."
Old 02-04-2013, 05:41 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Trigger Finger View Post
I'm surprised there isn't a lot more discussion on these forums dealing with hitting a running predator on purpose.
CTF, I'm glad you found the articles to be useful. I'd like to think they help take the edge off some of the more complicated aspects of precision rifle shooting.

If you ever have any questions, or would like to press me for a more precise explanation of anything, feel free to contact me anytime.

As for why there isn't more discussion of shooting running critters; The ethics conversation comes up, and usually squelches any meaningful discussion of those that are inclined to do it regardless.

If you would like, you can always start a thread on the Primal Rights forum, in which I'd be happy to discuss the science behind it. There, I have the power to use a heavy hand in order to control the invariable ethics dispute.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:03 PM

hevent killed one yet just getting into it. Just bought a gun sighted it in sunday. looking foward to going out.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:12 AM
Gold Member

Tim ; it sure does. Soetimes I wonder how I killed all the stuff I have with what I was using.

Orkon ; yes that sounds good . Unfortunately. A lot of guys don't really think of a running animal logically. Granted there are plenty of running shot scenarios that would be ethecally UN wise. But a coyote or wolf running across a flat field or a mud flat is a relatively straight forward scenario. It's. Just speed, time and distance. Some body should make a reticule with hold offs for up to 45 MPH. . It should be doable. But even a standard or wide duplex reticule could work within the point blank range of most rifles.

Hodges ; welcome to the forums. What r u shooting? ?
Old 02-05-2013, 01:22 AM
Silver Member

COld, a reticle wouldn't be needed, just the math to figure out the mil or moa for it.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:48 AM
Gold Member

The good thing about a reticule with hold off bars is you don't have to hold off in the open space of the fov.