Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards

Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards Techniques For Coyote, Fox and Cat Hunting

Good coyote call - non-electric?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2008, 03:00 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Good coyote call - non-electric?

Having predator hunted in many states -i'm originally from ohio- the best all-around call i've used/heard is the burnham brothers mini-blaster.It's a semi open reed caller that you can howl with or make most any type of prey sound with.
I've got -critter calls -johnny stewart -circe -and many more -the mini-blaster calls in coyotes and is very easy to learn to use.
About $11 -worth twice that..-Mike
Old 12-23-2008, 09:37 AM
Bronze Member

I sure agree with this comment. I like critr calls, just got another from sportsmans this weekend.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:40 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol mike View Post
Having predator hunted in many states -i'm originally from ohio- the best all-around call i've used/heard is the burnham brothers mini-blaster.It's a semi open reed caller that you can howl with or make most any type of prey sound with.
I've got -critter calls -johnny stewart -circe -and many more -the mini-blaster calls in coyotes and is very easy to learn to use.
About $11 -worth twice that..-Mike
Thanks for the tip, I just ordered a mini-blaster and the cassette "Mini Blaster, Gary Roberson on the Mini-Blaster." I've only yote hunted once and never used a yote call, so I should be able to give it a thorough review from a newbies stand point.
Old 12-24-2008, 07:41 AM
Bronze Member

Haha, i just ordered one myself... Ol mike you should be a salesman!!!
Old 12-24-2008, 01:18 PM

I have been a big fan of Randy Anderson's line I own most of them. The Lil Dog comes in a combo set that comes with 2 open reed calls and a detachable horn. The larger of the too is a decent howler and the smaller green one is a great rabbit distress all the way from a Jack to a Baby Cotton. If your looking for a Howler I love the Red Desert and the Hot Dog, Yotes love the sound for some reason and normally talk back. As the other guy mention the Ki Yi is one of Randy's also its a good Yiper and rabbit distress. I normally pick up his calls off of e-bay pretty cheap just have to hunt for them. Good luck Man its Mainly your preference and personal skill that will dictate what kind of call you use.

Sean Kahalley
El Paso, Tx
Old 12-24-2008, 07:36 PM

It's hard to beat Primos, especially for the price. I've bought three of them and gave one to my son-in-law. He loves his. Mine has worked every time I've tried it. The first time, I actually called in a pack of feral dogs that were looking for a meal. I normally use the cottontail in distress or jackrabbit in distress calls. To me, I don't think it sound like a rabbit in distress, especially when I blow it loudly, but it sure brings the coyotes in. Whatever it sounds like, to a predator, it must definitely sound like the dinner table is set. I've tried all of their calls. They work.
Old 12-28-2008, 08:52 PM
Bronze Member

I have had my best luck with the verminator calls, tweety and syco tweety, and thumper.