Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards

Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards Techniques For Coyote, Fox and Cat Hunting

fur friendly 7mm rem mag load?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2012, 01:20 PM
Platinum Member

Re: fur friendly 7mm rem mag load?

And some wonder why they get no responses to their threads.... I should have just scrolled on.....

Jeff
Old 12-23-2012, 01:35 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
And some wonder why they get no responses to their threads.... I should have just scrolled on.....

Jeff

what do you mean?
Guns I own: 300 winchester magnum, 7mm Rem mag, 243, H&R 22 revolver, BT99 12 gauge, 20 gauge break action. 20 gauge pump, 22 break action, 257 Roberts, winchester super x 1. Wishlist: 308 winchester, 6.5mm-284 Norma, 17 HMR, 7mm RUM, another 7mm rem mag LOL, 44 magnum revolver, 30-30 lever action, 44 lever action.
Old 12-23-2012, 03:10 PM
Silver Member

i can back a 175 grain FMJ down to 2660 and still have 2627 ft pounds of energy at the muzzle.

Would that be a good load?
Guns I own: 300 winchester magnum, 7mm Rem mag, 243, H&R 22 revolver, BT99 12 gauge, 20 gauge break action. 20 gauge pump, 22 break action, 257 Roberts, winchester super x 1. Wishlist: 308 winchester, 6.5mm-284 Norma, 17 HMR, 7mm RUM, another 7mm rem mag LOL, 44 magnum revolver, 30-30 lever action, 44 lever action.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:15 AM
Platinum Member

Yea that would a lot better, keep in mind deer are a helluva lot tougher than a yote especialy wjere bullets are concerned, I have resevations about a 243 on those dogs
Keep in mind the animals we shoot for food and display are not bullet proof. Contrary to popular belief, they bleed and die just like they did a hundred years ago. Being competent with a given rifle is far more important than impressive ballistics and poor shootability. High velocity misses never put a steak in the freezer.

Joe
Old 12-24-2012, 01:34 AM
Silver Member

whys it seem like all good things are in Montana? Its one of the most sought after hunting areas in the world. The world class barrels that Lilja makes are hosted out of Montana. The most knowledgeable people i know live in Montana. And so many people like Kirby Allen, Randy Melvin, and many others are very reputable gunsmiths in Montana. It contains very rugged mountainous terrain on the west side, and rolling hills and plains on the east. Great moose hunting pretty much everywhere on the northern part of it. And even caribou hunting in the north. And for the city slick there's places like Billings, Helena, and Missoula. Its just like Alaska but with animals like antelope. What more could a guy want?
Old 12-24-2012, 02:38 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjo318 View Post
whys it seem like all good things are in Montana? Its one of the most sought after hunting areas in the world. The world class barrels that Lilja makes are hosted out of Montana. The most knowledgeable people i know live in Montana. And so many people like Kirby Allen, Randy Melvin, and many others are very reputable gunsmiths in Montana. It contains very rugged mountainous terrain on the west side, and rolling hills and plains on the east. Great moose hunting pretty much everywhere on the northern part of it. And even caribou hunting in the north. And for the city slick there's places like Billings, Helena, and Missoula. Its just like Alaska but with animals like antelope. What more could a guy want?
Caribou? where? Hell The Breaks are some of the roughest country I've seen anywhere, including the Bitteroots and Absaroka's. Me? I think I'll stay here where I grew up ;)
Keep in mind the animals we shoot for food and display are not bullet proof. Contrary to popular belief, they bleed and die just like they did a hundred years ago. Being competent with a given rifle is far more important than impressive ballistics and poor shootability. High velocity misses never put a steak in the freezer.

Joe
Old 12-27-2012, 12:09 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe King View Post
Caribou? where? Hell The Breaks are some of the roughest country I've seen anywhere, including the Bitteroots and Absaroka's. Me? I think I'll stay here where I grew up ;)
The caribou are in the far far north, in about a 100 mile radius in montana until you hit the border. id rather go to alaska or canada to hunt them. but you can hunt them here in montana.
as long as your the landowner and are doing it for a real reason, such as keeping the grass high enough for horses to feed off.