Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards

Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards Techniques For Coyote, Fox and Cat Hunting

Foxpro's FOXBANG!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2012, 12:34 PM
Silver Member

Re: Foxpro's FOXBANG!

Only one with the FoxPro. It was breezy and he came in down wind and must have scented me about 300 yards out. He just turned and wandered off in a different direction. I would have shot him had I realized he was gonna do that. When I realized what was happening he went behind a small rise and I never saw him again.

After that I have made eight or so stands up by Sundance and haven't seen a thing. The one area is being trapped on the northern border so I think that is my problem there. I have spent most of my time in this area being it is where I saw several coyotes when I was deer hunting.

So... I am itching to get one soon! I tried bobcat calling yesterday with a kitten distress call. The wind was blowing too much for the sound to carry very far so that might have hurt me.

It is hunting therefore I am having fun!!
Old 02-08-2012, 12:42 AM
Bronze Member

Re: Foxpro's FOXBANG!

Hey Casey, try this. The night before u plan to hunt go out and use one of those free sirens and do some locates. If you have a GPS mark the spots u think they are and then plan your set up with google earth and a weather app of some kind to get wind direction.