Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards

Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards Techniques For Coyote, Fox and Cat Hunting

Foxpro's FOXBANG!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2012, 09:49 PM
Bronze Member

Foxpro's FOXBANG!

I have a foxpro fury and sent it off last year and had foxbang put on it. You would not believe how many sets I shoot more then one coyote on! On tuesday I was out calling let out a howl, woke some dogs up spotted them about 1200 yards out just above a creek bottom. Once they shut up I switched to the trusted rabbit distress. Brought them in so fast I missed the 1st cause he wouldn't stop, foxbang set off preset #1, which brought in a 2nd, dog 1 down, foxbang goes off again brought another in, dog 2 down! Remember that 1st one? After some talking and whining he come back in and well I missed him again! Someone or thing was on that dogs side that day but the fact that he come in once and then was fooling twice rarely happens anywhere!
This was not the 1st set foxbang has got me a double or even a triple! I would like to shake the guy gals had that come up with the technology behind foxbang!
Anyone have any similar stories?
Old 01-28-2012, 09:22 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Foxpro's FOXBANG!

Anyone else have the same luck?
Old 01-29-2012, 08:42 AM
Silver Member

Justin2111,
Welcome to LRH Forums!

Where are you hunting that you have 1200 yards of viewing?

As for the Fox Bang... If you're using a rabbit distress and you shoot a coyote, it automatically switches to a (what you have it set for) coyote pup distress. What happens after the second shot? Does it go back to the original set call?

What happens in the same scenario if you shoot 2 or 3 times?

Most remotes have a lanyard that allows quick access. I'd rather change the sound myself, that way I'd know it was changed to what I want and it's not going to get changed again...without my changing it. Perhaps the Fox Bang feature works different than that, but I'm curious as to how this would play out, under multiple shots being fired.

Bowhunter57
Old 01-29-2012, 09:10 AM
Silver Member

I haven't sent my Fury in to get Foxbang, but it sounds like I should!
Old 01-29-2012, 10:07 PM
Bronze Member

I hunt in wyoming, and the answer to your questiion, foxbang goes off with every shot, that set I called 3 in I shot 4 times! All fur was took after the 1st shot which was a miss. My preset #1 is pup distress
Old 02-01-2012, 12:34 PM
Silver Member

That's awesome Justin. Did you use the FoxPro for your howl or a hand call?
Old 02-01-2012, 09:14 PM
Silver Member

That's good to know it works that good. I want to get a Foxpro so that will help me choose which one.