Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards

Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards Techniques For Coyote, Fox and Cat Hunting

is the FoxPro SpitFire anygood?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2012, 05:04 AM
Silver Member

Re: is the FoxPro SpitFire anygood?

+2 On the lightning jack, Last month used female howl,an4 bit the dust.Have fun an watch the wind...SLOAN
Old 03-30-2012, 09:54 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster740 View Post
I like it better thyen the firestorm I have both and the smaller size and simplicity plus a remote with bigger buttons make me like the spit fire better.

rooster740,
I been looking at these for a while and have a couple questions. I want to have at least 2 automatic different selections that run back to back with no actions or press 1 or 2 buttons-then-pause or stop then start up again on pressing one button etc., can the cheaper SpitFire TX-24 give me the same events -other than FOXBANG- as the (+$100) WildFire TX-9?

I would like, but not required, to have several mapped out sounds so they just play and loop back around... will they both do that? Also, looks like I got to buy the $50 plug / usb device to add different sounds? Can I add the action tail to both or got to go to $399 to get that?

OR, any one else that can expand on the value of the +$100 cost. I read the difference in the 2 screens and it is not required for me to see more than 1 line at a time.

Thanks for any help.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:56 AM
Bronze Member

So I went ahead and got the SpitFire - yayyy!

havnt been out in the field with it yet, but I'm leaving in two days since its spring break and all.

Any tips and tricks on the foxpro? Break in procedures. Anything I gotta know to keep it at its best? anything will help. thanks
Old 04-03-2012, 11:44 PM

Always carry extra batteries. You don't want to have all your gear out there when it goes dead. Happened to me.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:57 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3-OleMan View Post
rooster740,
I been looking at these for a while and have a couple questions. I want to have at least 2 automatic different selections that run back to back with no actions or press 1 or 2 buttons-then-pause or stop then start up again on pressing one button etc., can the cheaper SpitFire TX-24 give me the same events -other than FOXBANG- as the (+$100) WildFire TX-9?

I would like, but not required, to have several mapped out sounds so they just play and loop back around... will they both do that? Also, looks like I got to buy the $50 plug / usb device to add different sounds? Can I add the action tail to both or got to go to $399 to get that?

OR, any one else that can expand on the value of the +$100 cost. I read the difference in the 2 screens and it is not required for me to see more than 1 line at a time.

Thanks for any help.

The remote for the spit fire is pretty basic, but has big buttons, and I like simple! The Wildfire (which my hunting buddy owns) has the fancier remote, with the recall and two preset buttons, like the Firestorm. My Firestorm is like the Mojo critter, it is always getting turned on in my pack and trucks, and dead when I need it. I cannot answer your question, on the sounds sequence because there is several ways to do it. Sequencing the sounds on your call, would do what I think you need. Then just use the sound up or down buttons and mute button. I have to admit the whole downloading sounds gig is my wife's job (I am too scared and dumb). It is very easy on the Firestorm and I have watched it done, the Spit fire is a touch more involved but I did not feel the need to do it. Hell I barely figured how to put pictures on this website. I will say that there are websites (I hope this is legal) from Foxpro and Varmit Al, that are very helpful. The later mentioned one has a homemade gizmo on the cheap that may suit your needs!
I hope I helped you,
Best of Luck.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:20 PM
Silver Member

I ended up building my own but finding quality sounds has been my problem so far. Western rivers has some ok sounds but I can't download them I can only access them from my phone which I use as my mp3 player