Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards

Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards Techniques For Coyote, Fox and Cat Hunting

fox pro caller/decoys??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2012, 11:21 PM
Silver Member

fox pro caller/decoys??

Ok I went out and bought a fox pro spitfire and there black jack decoy from cabela's

I get home only to learn they do not provide you witha cord to use the decoy with the remote on the caller

i contacted fox pro, and was told i have to go buy one from wal mart

seems kinda cheasy you buy there products and they don';t provide you with what you need to use it

next I get there decoy out and fire it up, MAN is it loud, it makes a very very loud electronic motor noise

so not real happy with it

going to try to cover the motor and base with pipe insulation to try to help cover up /insulate the noise

anyone else have one of these decoys and figured out a better way to make it more quiet

i wrote tfox pro, an e mail asking for help, but never got a reply back so???
Old 01-27-2012, 11:29 PM
Bronze Member

Re: fox pro caller/decoys??

The Jack attack comes with a remote and the motor noise I had one come so close he jumped right over it!
Old 01-27-2012, 11:34 PM
Silver Member

my decoy, sorry its teh black jack model!
doesn't have a remote, uses the one with your caller, on assory button to activate it, once you get a cord to plug it in

I just felt like at 50 ucks it should have come with a cord, and or been told it needs to have one to use it, cabelas doesn't even have them to sell you to use it!!.

so?/

as for motor noise

I can hear it from 100+ ft away clear as a bell

my coyotes are sparped eared here and spook super easy

i am sure it can work ona hungry one, but I aklso fear the noie will also spook a lot as well!
Old 01-27-2012, 11:40 PM
Bronze Member

Well where do u hunt? I have that jack attack and love it
Old 01-27-2012, 11:44 PM
Silver Member

NE PA, out side a few housing developments, and they come in suoper alert all the time, so a motor noise to me seems wrong and they will focus on that noise and it not being natural

thus my worries

I also am some what un happy fox pro doesn't give you the aproperate cord needed,and then telling me to go to wal mart, after dropping 250+ bucks on there products, driving a160+ miles to go get it, and then needing a part they didn't provide mewith to use it

and cabelas doesn't have the part either! so there sellling them with having all they need to be used too!

I am not bashing them , just saying would have been nice if it came with all thats really needed, and maybe the decoy was better/more qiuet, as we are using them to try to trick smart critters!!

an electronic motor sound out in the woods isn't natural!! as far as i am concerned
Old 01-28-2012, 01:01 AM
Bronze Member

Just having it sit there works, the motion on the decoy is louder than I like as well but with the call going u don't hear it, I would be upset as well about the cord deal, that's not right!
Old 01-30-2012, 07:51 PM
Silver Member

just add an up date

I got teh corect cable(3.5mm cord0 to hook the caller to the decoy
and IT doesn't work

also, my caller again is new, never been outside of teh house
today when i got teh cord, the dam caller would work, remote kept freezing up, saying
turn caller on!
and it was, then no buttons on the remote would work
had to pull batteries to re start it

I am very disapointed now

i wrote fox pro, still waiting on a reply

this is teh second spitfire I have had issue's with now, one last yr,a dn then again I bought a new one this yr hoping it was going to be better

and now with this darn decoy not working still,

its ucks! need caller to work this weekend for a contest i am in!!

hope they resolve issue ion decoy, but don't trust caller now!!

went to local store looking at theer scoprion, and in teh store the darn remote would work that caller

is anyone lse having trouble with fox pro's remote's/caller
or am I just having dumb luck finding the bad one's??