Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards

Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards Techniques For Coyote, Fox and Cat Hunting

First Coyote Called and Killed!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2014, 11:56 PM
Bronze Member

Re: First Coyote Called and Killed!

threejones,

Ah, I see you run with the big dogs when it comes to calls! Those are very nice calls and one thing about natural materials .... wood and horn ........ it just don't any better than that.

I like your idea about howling with the e-call and prey sounds mostly from your hand calls.

One place where it's good to have coyote linguistics in a hand call .... open reed is I like to have a coyote adult ki yi right at hand ........ for the two's and three's eze's .... ie getting a second chance (rare) or less rare getting that second or third coyote ......... by throwing a adult distress at them.

It only works if you are not spotted. Todays suppressor equiped rifles also help make it more realistic.

Around the ranch I encounter enough coyotes in the hay fields that I managed to come up with a half way convincing adult distress by voice.

I guess the thing I neglected to mention earlier is that if you had just one thing on your person for e-calling is a mouse squeeker.

They are fool proof to use and just what the doctor ordered in a lot of situations for a deal closer as you come of the e-call.

Best regards

Three 44s