Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards

Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards Techniques For Coyote, Fox and Cat Hunting

electronic calls

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2011, 03:23 PM
Silver Member

electronic calls

i have read a lot post on here and being a novice at best hunting yotes. you guys seem to know your stuff. That is why i am asking question. I am a deer hunter most of the time... Southern Indiana is where i live. Deer season is over and i need something to hunt.. yotes are plentiful hear so i would like to give them a shot..literally. i have killed several yotes but most of the time it is during turkey season.. My question is i would like to buy an electronic caller..one because i do believe that yotes like any animal can and will pin point the sound. so a remote call would make more since especially since i am new to the game. i really would not mind spending some money like maybe 250.00 or less.. i know from doing other hunting you usually always get what you pay for.. i will probably only use this call 3-4 months a year so that is why i really don't want to spend major money on a Fury.. as i have read they seem to be the best...
any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated

thank you
Old 01-13-2011, 06:56 PM
Platinum Member

Re: electronic calls

Quote:
Originally Posted by pressman View Post
i have read a lot post on here and being a novice at best hunting yotes. you guys seem to know your stuff. That is why i am asking question. I am a deer hunter most of the time... Southern Indiana is where i live. Deer season is over and i need something to hunt.. yotes are plentiful hear so i would like to give them a shot..literally. i have killed several yotes but most of the time it is during turkey season.. My question is i would like to buy an electronic caller..one because i do believe that yotes like any animal can and will pin point the sound. so a remote call would make more since especially since i am new to the game. i really would not mind spending some money like maybe 250.00 or less.. i know from doing other hunting you usually always get what you pay for.. i will probably only use this call 3-4 months a year so that is why i really don't want to spend major money on a Fury.. as i have read they seem to be the best...
any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated

thank you

Do a search on Electronic calls.

There are lots of choices

J E CUSTOM
Old 01-13-2011, 07:03 PM
Silver Member

i have done some searching. but i was hoping that i could hear from some people that have had true experiences with other e calls beside the fury. or calls that fit my price range.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:04 PM
SPONSOR

You may be able to find a FOXPRO FX3 used in that price range otherwise I'd go with the FOXPRO Spitfire. It's under $200 and it has enough sounds to get you by. It isn't as loud as the Firestorm or Fury but it'll proabably work in your country. I'll PM you. I might have a deal for you.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:32 PM
Bronze Member

I have a spitfire works great . its loud enough for me
a good buy for the money IMHO