Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards

Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards Techniques For Coyote, Fox and Cat Hunting

Coyotes to 750yd setup

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2014, 08:36 PM
Gold Member

Re: Coyotes to 750yd setup

The 22/250 is one helluva little cartridge but 'little' can be very deceptive! Deceptive in the fact that if the right ROT is used it shoots 90 gr. Sierra bullets quite well to 800 yards and I think it's gonna do pretty well at 1000 when I start testing it. I shoot a ROT of 1-7" and even though some have said that these bullets will vaporize in flight....I have shot over 500 rounds through this barrel and I have yet not to get a bullet on target....including some coyotes that thought they were far enough out and stopped for a look back!! And yes...it takes a custom barrel because unfortunately most factory rifles come with either a 1-12" or 1-14" ROT. These bullets have a BC of .504 and are highly accurate.