Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards

Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards Techniques For Coyote, Fox and Cat Hunting

Coyote Shotgun Sight- EO Tech or Bead?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-08-2016, 10:17 AM
Platinum Member

Coyote Shotgun Sight- EO Tech or Bead?

Is an EO Tech the way to go? Calling day and night. Thought it might help these old eyes. However, I was worried it would be a problem with running shots.

Unread 05-08-2016, 06:55 PM

Re: Coyote Shotgun Sight- EO Tech or Bead?

I really liked my Eotech 512...but it just crapped the bed. Not sure what I'm going to replace it with as the gun dual-purposes for turkeys. Easy enough to hit running shots...
Unread 05-12-2016, 05:07 PM
Bronze Member

Check out the Sight Mark sights....good quality and a lot cheaper in price! Either way I would reccomend those type of sights,they work great in helping those of Us with glasses or vision issues or those that want something quick and easy to see thru....some of those sights are even small or low enough that You can still use the open sights too!I'm thinking about putting a,smaller Sightmark Sight on my Browning Buckmark Contour 5-1/2 in barrel .22LR...I can see further away great but it's the looking thru an open sight up close that screws me up and causes issues...those open halo/red dot sights are Awesome!
Unread 05-19-2016, 05:08 PM
Platinum Member

Got my EO Tech in today. There is no doubt that it is a huge improvement over a bead. It makes it easy to center your pattern at 50 yards. If it isn't bothersome on running coyotes it is the way to go.
Unread 08-30-2016, 06:10 PM
Platinum Member

Finally got a chance to try trap shooting with the EO Tech. It took a few rounds to get the feel and get in front of the bird. After about four rounds I began breaking them with ease. Then came the doubles. The first two sets nadda. Then success. A couple of things that I noticed. It takes you a little longer to get on target. Plus you just do not break the birds you explode them!
Unread 09-03-2016, 06:54 PM
Platinum Member

Posting for GEO4061 ...

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an ***hole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.
Unread 09-03-2016, 06:59 PM
Platinum Member

First Coyote with an EO Tech. Love it. It helps you concentrate your shot pattern. It hammers them.