Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards

Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards Techniques For Coyote, Fox and Cat Hunting

Coyote in Quiznos.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2007, 09:49 PM
Silver Member

Re: Coyote in Quiznos.

Well, I have found some Quiznos uniforms and can now throw out all the camo I have.

<a href="http://www.quiz-yotes.com" target="_blank">www.quiz-yotes.com</a>

Jim
Old 04-06-2007, 02:05 PM
Silver Member

Waltech Jim,

That reminds me of a racoon encounter I had. I was sitting on my tailgate in my friends driveway in downtown Salt Lake City with my feet up on my cooler which happened to be open and I was sipping a beer while my head and upper body was in the shadows under the shell of my truck. It was around midnight and we were headed out on a climbing trip the next day. I looked across 7th east and saw what looked like a cat. It was looking right at me. It ran across the street and started running right towards me. I realized by this time that it was a racoon and continued to watch it run right up to the cooler. It got up on its hind legs and started peaking in. The whole time I have not moved an inch. I jumped up and let out a big roar, and that thing jumped about 3 feet in the air and was over a 4' or 5' fence as soon as it landed.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:22 PM
Silver Member

Cruizin, I think you might have something figured out.

COOLERS.

I tried refers today and they didn't work. Maybe I should rephrase that, I tried refrigerators today, and they didn't work.

A 14 year old I know has been chasing coyotes for the last two years and we tried to find some this morning in 15 below wind chill. The wind was so bad there was very little chance of calling anything in but that didn't matter to him and I respect that ambition. We made three sets before we were so cold we couldn't make any more but the effort was certainly worth it.

We sneaked up on a big tom in full strut and watched him for 10 minutes doing his thing. We "eased" up to 2 other flocks of turkeys that were feeding on the edge of corn fields. We had the local crows going ballistic, and we saw sand hills, eagles and deer.

Anyhow, the last set we made was near an old dump site and the best place for me to call from was an old refrigerator that was laying there. Lucky for me they had removed the door so I didn't get trapped inside. I was thinking as I was calling this was the perfect set up for a chicago coyote but it was not to be.

Yup, the cooler is the way to go, the refer is too much...

Jim

BTW, I gotta tell you this young gentleman is one of the best guys I have ever hunted with. He is safe with a gun, respectful of his equipment, enjoys the hunt, and said something that impressed me. "A bad day hunting is still better than sitting at home playing video games."

I will hunt with him again.

Jim
Old 04-07-2007, 07:00 PM
Platinum Member

Way to go Jim !!!! Get back out there with that young man . You are doing him a world of good ( not doing too bad for yourself either [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img])

May you're efforts be blessed .

Jim B.