Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards

Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards Techniques For Coyote, Fox and Cat Hunting

Coyote/Deer dumped in river

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2010, 01:43 PM
Silver Member

Re: Coyote/Deer dumped in river

no money in furs? there is still a little bit of money in fur. a buddy got rid of some fur a couple of weeks ago for $13 a dog, sold in the round, not put up. There is still a couple of buck left in them.

It really pisses me off to see the want and waste. The deer carcasses could have been thrown in a better spot like a tree grove so the coyotes and birds could chew on them. the coyotes could have been sold. What wasteful dumb asses.

xdeano
Old 03-11-2010, 01:44 PM
Platinum Member

Sick your ''Maligator'' on em'

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Old 03-11-2010, 02:37 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len Backus View Post
Question -- you said the coyotes were left there by coyote contest hunters. How do you think the deer got there?
No, I don't think i said that this is from a calling comp, just that after the competition there were dump piles turning up under bridges. Also, do to the differing amounts of decay, I would have to guess that these space shuttle pilots dumped the un-tagged deer at least a week or more prior to dumping the yotes in the river. Several of the deer were quartered and skinned with out being gutted. Again, there was a dumpster 75yds away from the bridge.

I have another theory too. I have some information that a couple of local guys are running them down on snowmobile. This dump site would be close to where they live. Either way, I hope I catch them and I'll have to take snowmobile, rifles, whatever else I can dream up as evidence until court.

Tom
Old 03-11-2010, 02:40 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdeano View Post
no money in furs? there is still a little bit of money in fur. a buddy got rid of some fur a couple of weeks ago for $13 a dog, sold in the round, not put up. There is still a couple of buck left in them.

It really pisses me off to see the want and waste. The deer carcasses could have been thrown in a better spot like a tree grove so the coyotes and birds could chew on them. the coyotes could have been sold. What wasteful dumb asses.

xdeano
I agree, the courthouse parking lot or even middle of the road would have been easier to clean up and less polution. Things like this make the news paper and give all of us, no matter how hard we try, a bad name in the eyes of the Non-hunting public.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:17 PM
Platinum Member

Being as there are deer mixed in and few people would actually be stupid enough to transport a illegally killed deer to somewhere to dump it, keep an eye out for the county road side maintenance workers. They may be picking up roadkills and saving themselves a trip to the dump. Would not be the first time a gov't maintenance crew decided to take a short cut.

Of course blatant stupidity is fairly abundant so it may well be just about anybody.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:30 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalobob View Post
Being as there are deer mixed in and few people would actually be stupid enough to transport a illegally killed deer to somewhere to dump it, keep an eye out for the county road side maintenance workers. They may be picking up roadkills and saving themselves a trip to the dump. Would not be the first time a gov't maintenance crew decided to take a short cut.

Of course blatant stupidity is fairly abundant so it may well be just about anybody.
Hey Bob, I agree,

The only thing that I see missing though is tramatic bruising on the shoulders where deer normally are very red with internal damage/bruising if they bounce off of a 4000lb bullet at 65mph. Also, no broken legs on the deer. Still don't know how they died but I don't think that a car hit them.

Some of the yotes had broken legs I'm finding out. It's starting to look like this dump may be from a snowmobiler. May have happened on "Trust Land" and dumped on state land. A lot of activities go unchecked there. Also there is a little jurisdictional snafu if I try to investigate a tribal suspect without feds present. (feds cherry pick a lot and I don't see them beating down the door on this one)
Old 03-11-2010, 07:44 PM
Platinum Member

Don't know about the coyotes but the deer give me the impression they were shot, probably during the deer season, partially skinned, and then dumped. I've met a couple of younger guys over the years who skin deer down just far enough to get the backstraps out and reach in with fingers and get the tenderloins out, without completely gutting the deer. The rest is thrown away. I can't help it, that chaps my arse! My Dad and GrandDad taught me to skin the animal down to the jawbone and keep everything edible. JohnnyK.