Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards

Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards Techniques For Coyote, Fox and Cat Hunting

Carcas Disposal

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2010, 02:06 PM

Re: Carcas Disposal

Here in Illinois, this is one thing I could not do. No raw meat products in the solid waste containers. I guess I could BBQ it first. Thanks to everyone for their ideas. Quite frankly, I did not expect so much response to this question. I think dragging them off to a secluded fence row is the way I will go, unless the property owner wants them removed, in which case I will improvise.

Last edited by Strikenmike; 01-21-2010 at 02:10 PM.
Old 01-21-2010, 02:45 PM
Silver Member

with what goes in my dumpster frozzen raw meat ait nothen LOL
Old 01-30-2010, 09:49 AM
Silver Member

Leave 'em for the scavengers and predator birds. The crows, magpies, hawks, etc. will make rapid use of the carcass. Don't feel bad about leaving Wily where he drops. Ultimately, the ants will take care of anything the birds leave, except the skeleton.
Old 01-30-2010, 10:10 AM
Silver Member

It all coms down to. DONT piss off the public I dont have a prob with leaven them were thay lay. There just another part of the food chain. But other people OBOY
Old 01-30-2010, 11:11 AM
Silver Member

I shoot where there are few people. Naturally, I wouldn't leave a carcass on the courthouse steps, so it depends on where you live. In the outback of Nevada, where there are thousands of acres of nothing, there is no problem, so hunters must use their heads and use just a small bit of discretion. The only "public" members who would object where I shoot are those liberal idiots who drive up from Hollywood to view the local yokels and bitch about how "rich" the local ranchers are getting from growing alfalfa, without having had anyone explain to them that in some years, ranchers operate at a loss. People like this are nothing less than ignorant asses. I love to "piss off" these morons. Screw 'em.
Old 01-30-2010, 12:09 PM
Silver Member

Iam with you a 100% on that. Iam in the metro aera. One year awhile ago with a momtary laps of stupidy I left my sight tag on a deer carcas. Every day I drove over the MN river so I dumped it down there gess who found it the DNR my luck it costed me 200.00 bucks and I had to go pick up the garbage. Reminds of arolw gruthery's alcie's restrant LOL
Old 01-30-2010, 11:42 PM
Silver Member

Hi yotemen, Just a note.This week here in the northeast area (lower New york) a coyote attacked a women strolling in a wooded area by her home. She received bites all over her arm&leg.She said it was as big as a German Shepard dog.He was hungary.With all the hawks,eagles,owls&falcons at a peak population small animals are scarce. coyotes are competeing for food! I live in New Jersey and summer of 08"we had a yote attack a child. Both insidents received national news coverage.The coyote&bears take many deer fawns in the spring.So lets help the animal world, "KILL THEM COYOTES"!