Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards

Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards Techniques For Coyote, Fox and Cat Hunting

Carcas Disposal

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2010, 05:50 PM
Gold Member

Re: Carcas Disposal

id say bring a 338 lapua and then let the ants get rid of whatever is left
Old 01-18-2010, 07:57 PM
Platinum Member

Here in Ca, coyotes hides are pretty poor, unless you're up north.

I like to hang them on a fencepost, toss 'em into a tree, toss 'em on another carcass or roll them off a bank. I never bury them, what a waste! Leave them for the crows, vultures, hogs and other critters...
Old 01-18-2010, 08:17 PM
Platinum Member

Carcass disposal can be a big deal and should not be done in a thoughtless manner. If I gun them they usually die in a good place to leave them, don't drag them all to your truck unless you have a spot to dispose of them like a deep draw where no one frequents out of site or in a pit.
I used to have to dispose of hundreds of coyote carcasses and it can be hard, the best is to skin right there and leave at the kill site that way the birds and other coyotes slick them up fast.
If I want to let the rancher know I'm getting them killed I scalp them and hang the ears on the fence near a gate to the field where I killed them, that way you don't have a whole carcass hanging there, times are changing and we need to protect our sport anyway possible and present as good of a face as we can.

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"
Old 01-19-2010, 11:10 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by river rat View Post
dump them in the thickets for the possums and buzzards.........they have to eat too. Jim
+++++++++++1111111111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
Old 01-20-2010, 02:06 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliveralan View Post
id say bring a 338 lapua and then let the ants get rid of whatever is left
I concur!
Old 01-20-2010, 08:50 PM
Bronze Member

+1 on the above. If you're not keeping the hides put them in the bushes for other predators, or scavengers to recycle them.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:57 PM
Silver Member

I am new to coyote hunten but after last year deer hunten we got a prob here in MN that need to be delt with so I going to do my part. I realy like the year round part. Around here we cant just dump them off (dont ask me what happends) so I use a dumpster just talk to you boss or were you go and ask the if you can and what day thay pick the trash do it the night before