Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards

Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards Techniques For Coyote, Fox and Cat Hunting

Can you see me?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2012, 10:56 AM
PUBLISHER

Can you see me?

A couple weeks ago I had a nice visit again with Justin Stevenson near Newcastle Wyoming. I have coyote hunted with Justin and his posse before and always try to get out there a couple times each year. The posse members had to work the day Justin and I went out but I'll connect with all 3 in December.

How do you like my new Sitka Gear duds? We sell it in the LRH Store now and thought I should learn about it so I can talk intelligently about it. Didn't realize I'd like it as much as I do. Or more accurately, didn't realize I'd actually care much whether I wore it or not. But, wow, it's really comfortable and practical. But enough commercial.

Can you see me?-0172.jpg

Here's Justin with his new AR. Really cool. I hadn't seen one just like it. And nice camo ghilly suit.

Can you see me?-0163.jpg
Can you see me?-0164.jpg

We did 3 sets that am, interrupted by a fuel line issue. Here's Justin under his lifted Jeep working on it. I was impressed. I have never felt comfortable with my auto mechanical skills. He'd be a good guy to have around when you're a gazillion miles off-road and you have a breakdown.

Can you see me?-0167.jpg

Can you see me?-0168.jpg
We called one coyote and both missed running shots at it. Then we stopped at a prairie dog town and I killed my first ever dogs. Took a few shots to figure out the 10 mph plus switching wind and then I busted two in a row at 500 yards.

Justin, if you find the quick detachable sling I left on the ground there, it's all yours, buddy.

Unexpectedly I had to cut the day short when I got a call from Robb Wiley of Non-Typical OUtfitters. He was out of the mountains for a day only and needed me to buzz over to Alpine, WY to work out the details on our two LRH Group hunts in 2013 and 2015. Nine hour trip to get there by 9 am the next day.

By the way, I bought my current vehicle in June of 2010 and here is the picture I took of my odometer when I got home from this trip 27 months later.

I am a true Road Warrior!
Can you see me?-0176.jpg

Long Range Hunting Rifles

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 10-13-2012, 03:22 PM
Silver Member

Re: Can you see me?

Where's the pictures of the coyotes Len!?!?!?

I spend most of the winter coyote hunting here in South Dakota. Dead dogs always bring a smile.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:18 PM
PUBLISHER

Greg, it's always been my experience that you have to kill em before they'll pose for a picture.

Where about in SD?

Old 10-13-2012, 05:47 PM
Silver Member

That's been my experience as well. Had to give you a hard time though. ;)

I'm in Huron, SD. Center of the eastern half of the state. We get some dogs killed around here. We don't care how you stack them... as long as its deep!

Old 10-13-2012, 06:06 PM
Silver Member

Dam that's a truck load son
Old 10-13-2012, 06:09 PM
PUBLISHER

Orkan, very impressive. How do you hunt them where you are?

Old 10-13-2012, 06:14 PM
Silver Member

from the looks of it he put food in the bed of his truck and they just jump in as be drives around.