Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards

Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards Techniques For Coyote, Fox and Cat Hunting

Black Phase Coyote Down

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2014, 12:17 AM

Re: Black Phase Coyote Down

I would definitely get that one tanned. I saw one around my house and was dumb enough to tell a friend about it. Needless to say he got it before I did. The bad thing was he shot it with his 7mm and the hide wasn't worth the effort to even skin it after that.
Old 02-23-2014, 03:35 AM
Silver Member

I'd take it a step further and get that one mounted. Very cool indeed...
Old 07-07-2014, 09:24 PM

Ok guys I know that this is drumming up an old thread but I wanted to tell this story.

An old friend of mine has a taxidermy shop that was also the local gathering spot after a night of hunting. Many MANY adult beverages were drank during these times, hence why I am telling this story.

One night while a couple of us were harassing my buddy we saw that he had a pure black coyote mounted in the lying position with its ears perked up and its mouth open. This thing looked like a black German shepherd and we made sure that he knew this. After a couple times of him telling us to shut up we dropped the subject, especially when we heard a truck pull up and my buddy went outside to look at the deer that was about to come into the shop. Well while he was outside another friend saw that there was a dog collar hanging on the side of the bench. Soooo what could we do with that? We put it on the coyote. This made the thing come to life, it looked like a damn dog laying there. Well the guy that was dropping off his deer also brought his wife with him. When they came in the shop the wife immediately saw the mounted "dog" laying there and started to cry. "that is the sweetest thing I have seen, I cant believe someone loved their dog that much that they would have it mounted."

Now here is 4 inebriated guys standing around trying extremely hard not to bust out laughing. The husband has an embarrassed look on his face and my buddy had to explain that it was a black coyote and that someone must have put the collar on as joke. He walked them out of the shop when they left and waved bye, immediately he turns around and says "you dicks, I didn't know what to tell that poor lady." Sure wish I would have taken a picture of that dog.