Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards

Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards Techniques For Coyote, Fox and Cat Hunting

Best Coyote Pack?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2013, 03:22 PM

Best Coyote Pack?

Anyone else out there using the Eberlestock Mini Me for coyotes?

I bought this pack for other purposes but it has quickly proven to be one of the best purchases I've made for coyote hunting.

The pack is perfectly sized to carry my Foxpro Fury along with my Mojo Critter. My shooting sticks tuck nicely into the side of the pack (not meant for this but they fit nicely). I load up the smaller pockets with skinning supplies (knife, para-cord, gloves, small garbage bag), head lamp, and hand calls.

I added the scabbard so that I can easily pack my rifle long distances or more often than not I can carry my shotgun with me since I usually go out by myself and don't have the benefit of a partner hauling gear.

It's got an expandable game pack that will easily hold a skinned hide if you're far enough from the truck that it's easier to skin in the field than drag back to the truck.

This is a great pack if you're in the market. H1 Mini-Me Hydration Hunting Pack
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
Best Coyote Pack?-img_0882.jpg  

Old 07-31-2013, 09:35 AM
SPONSOR

Re: Best Coyote Pack?

Good tip, hynes. I've always used slings to carry all my stuff on me but I'm starting to look like a mule going to my stands. I have a couple of Eberlestock packs I bought for Team No Off Season to use for the Vortex Extreme Challenge. I might try one of them for calling this winter.
www.no-off-season.com

"No crowds, no limits, no seasons...no bad days."
Old 08-05-2013, 09:58 PM

I prefer to stay light & minimalistic. I can stay out all day on the prairie with just a waist pack. This holds a meal, water, extra rounds & an energy bar. Calls go in a pocket my range finder is around my neck & my gun is my hand. I will use the pack for a shooting rest & I also hang a set of shooting sticks off the side. Have used this set up for many years.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:12 AM

I'm using the fox pro vest.. I like having a seat.. and it carries fox pro,mojocritter, knives, hand calls, video camera and all the other crap I take lol I take way to much stuff in the woods...
Old 08-16-2013, 09:54 PM
Bronze Member

Ur not kidding there I take way to much crap too. I take my calls extra ammo knife flashlight shooting sticks decoy. Here is the part that kills me in my pack I take my 13 yr old daughter and she needs to take everything but the kitchen sink or her mother thinks she does. I end up carrying enough food for three days her extra ammo her shooting sticks her extra gloves extra insulated shirt mittens for her. I cant really complain tho I love her going and she is really getting into it. She has all but taken over my RRA predator rifle and my compact leupold bino's but I honestly would carry more for her anytime but its about time she gets a pack (remember to get her one the next time I am at the sporting goods store). We will see how much extra she packs when she is carrying it :-)
Old 08-22-2013, 11:43 PM

I like the Kifaru E&E pack. Holds a Turbo Dogg caller, spare batteries, ammo, flashlight, range finder, small binos and more.

Old 08-22-2013, 11:49 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt35 View Post
Good tip, hynes. I've always used slings to carry all my stuff on me but I'm starting to look like a mule going to my stands. I have a couple of Eberlestock packs I bought for Team No Off Season to use for the Vortex Extreme Challenge. I might try one of them for calling this winter.
thinking the same thing, my dragonfly is too big