Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Magazine Articles > Hunting Success Stories - Discussion

Wyoming’s Big Horn Mountains – The Outdoorsman’s Family Resort

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2011, 04:22 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Wyoming’s Big Horn Mountains – The Outdoorsman’s Family Resort

You're absolutely right about the moose. A friend of a friend of mine out in Sheridan was through there weekend before last and saw 28 moose along 14a alone.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:25 PM
Bronze Member

I have been hunting in the BigHorns since around 1992 out of Dayton. Archery deer elk and rifle deer elk both conventional and long range . I have had some success but most of all the experiences have been priceless. The animals, the mountains, the streams and the friends I have made have spoiled me forever. Hunting back here in PA has never been the same!! If I were 25 again I would move out there and not return!! Although my goal now is to go out for a month at a time if I could swing it!!
Old 07-13-2011, 01:20 PM
Platinum Member

If I was single I would move out there in a heart beat. I'll be out there for about 6 or 7 weeks again between Labor Day weekend and the first part of November with hunts in AZ and NM also squeezed in within that time frame before a week of bird hunting in ND and then home for the last half of our whitetail season.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:12 PM
Bronze Member

I am jealous!!!
Old 07-13-2011, 02:25 PM
Platinum Member

I was very lucky to be able to retire just before I was 55 in 2002 and God has blessed me with good health and enough $ to be able to be in the outdorrs like that the last few years and I'm not letting Him down. I would love to live in either Buffalo or Sheridan at the base of the mountains. I was talking to my buddy, who has a beautiful place on some acerage just north of Sheridan, and one window he was looking out had deer and antelope in the pasture. Then he looked out another window and could still see snow up high in the mountains. I think I would let him adopt me, LOL!!!
Old 07-13-2011, 04:30 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgun 30-06 View Post
If I was single I would move out there in a heart beat. I'll be out there for about 6 or 7 weeks again between Labor Day weekend and the first part of November with hunts in AZ and NM also squeezed in within that time frame before a week of bird hunting in ND and then home for the last half of our whitetail season.
If you like shooting coyotes this is the place to live!

Anything less than overkill is underachievement!

" Real elk guns start with the number 3 or bigger and blow two holes, one in and one out." - My Dad
Old 07-13-2011, 04:40 PM
Silver Member

That's true. One of the last times I drove over the 'Horns I seen a fox right off the highway. He was lucky I forgot my 223.