Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Magazine Articles > Hunting Success Stories - Discussion

Wyoming’s Big Horn Mountains – The Outdoorsman’s Family Resort

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2011, 05:29 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Wyoming’s Big Horn Mountains – The Outdoorsman’s Family Resort

Enjoyed it!!!

-----------------------------
HEBREWS 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Our Lord Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah and
also as it was in the days of Lot so it shall be in the days...
It's happening again!!! God sent to us His prophet, and His Word
to this generation and we once more are rejecting it as was prophesied!!!

---> As promised, God Sent His Prophet to us!
Old 06-28-2011, 03:19 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Camilleri View Post
Len,

If you thought the snow was deep last year, that was nothing! There is over 6 ft right now at pass level with more on the way this weekend. The bighorns are a beautiful place to spend time, I don't even try to draw an elk tag there anymore, because my luck isn't that good for a 23% chance in my favored area. If my honeyhole for deer hunting skunks us this year for mulies due to severe winter kill, I might have to give the bighorns another try this year. Until then, our annual fishing trip from the Sheridan side of the mountains to Cloud Peak resevoir on four wheelers will be in late July, it is a 25 mile rough ride in to pristine Big Horn country.

Do you guys ride up through Story, Wy & through Penrose Park? I ridden that trail many, many times, Cloud Peak Reservoir is a very beautiful place, great fishin too! We usually camp somewhere in between.... been up there from the Red Grade side as well...
Old 07-04-2011, 09:21 AM
Gold Member

Location: Sagauache County, Co...3170 sq miles, not a single stop light!

loved the article Len. I just took a job in Wy. been here 2 weeks now and just love it. have'nt seen much except the rear end of a drilling rig , but that will change. working just south of pinedale and have a beautiful view of the wind river range to the east. cant wait to get up there and look around. AJ
Old 07-04-2011, 09:35 AM
PUBLISHER

AJ

I will be deer hunting somewhere west of Pinedale this fall. Nice country.

How long will you be there??

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors

Last edited by Len Backus; 07-04-2011 at 10:56 AM.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:14 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw6.0 View Post
Do you guys ride up through Story, Wy & through Penrose Park? I ridden that trail many, many times, Cloud Peak Reservoir is a very beautiful place, great fishin too! We usually camp somewhere in between.... been up there from the Red Grade side as well...
Yeah, we ride in from Story. Now I probably won't be able to go this year due to my wife needing surgery and being scheduled three days before our trip.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:00 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Camilleri View Post
Yeah, we ride in from Story. Now I probably won't be able to go this year due to my wife needing surgery and being scheduled three days before our trip.

Give your wife our best, hope everything goes well. Penrose trail is a ton of fun, we're actually headed that direction Friday morning, headed up towards Bear Lodge somewhere for a week of vacation, I can't wait!
Old 07-12-2011, 04:14 PM
Bronze Member

Great article Len. I love the Bighorns and can't wait to get back out there. I can't go this year but maybe I'll be able to go next year. The moose are thick east of granite pass along hwy14 all the way to the east slope. They're also pretty thick on down the west slope south of 14 all along Ranger Station rd. Last time we were there we watched a young bull come down a draw heading north, about an hour later we saw the same bull, still headed north, over 3 miles from where we first saw him. They can sure cover some country!