Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Magazine Articles > Hunting Success Stories - Discussion

Whitetail Widow By Lorraine Cheeka

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2010, 03:20 PM
Administrator

Whitetail Widow By Lorraine Cheeka

Quote:
For most families the autumn season brings to mind images of fall foliage, wind kissed cheeks and football. However, in my house, fall brings with it the promise of camo patterns, ground blinds, and the endless pursuit of the big buck. More to the point, for myself and a unique group of woman, November ushers in the season of the “whitetail widow”. While the plight of the aptly dubbed “football widow” has long been acknowledged, the sorority of hunting wives has gone unnoticed. In a country where football dominates the fall, wives and girlfriends don jerseys and learn the basics of the game or spend their Sundays preparing buffalo wings and nachos, while the lesser known “whitetail widow” is drawing back a bow of her own or preparing the game meat, which is the bounty of the season’s harvest. Read More...
This is a thread for discussion of the article, Whitetail Widow, By Lorraine Cheeka. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article
Old 02-22-2010, 10:44 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Whitetail Widow By Lorraine Cheeka

Lorraine,
Congrats!!! Beautiful article, enjoyed it a lot. Cant wait to have my wife read it. It made me smile in joy several times. You are absolutely right on your statements about this beautiful tradition of hunting as a family. The recipe looks very good. Thank you very much for taking the time to write it. Really enjoyed it.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:46 PM
Platinum Member

Nice article. Thanks.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:48 PM

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for taking the time to say so.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:33 PM
Platinum Member

Welcome, glad to have you here. Lots of good folks and lots of good info. Enjoy.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:43 PM
Silver Member

Great article. Made Raindeer Balls last night. The entire family loved it including my picky daughter.

Thanks
SES50
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. - George Washington

Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.' -Unknown
Old 03-08-2010, 06:03 PM
Platinum Member

What are raindeer balls, how do you make them?