Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Specialty Handgun Hunting

Specialty Handgun Hunting Techniques For Specialty Handgun Hunting

xp100 build. its happening..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2014, 09:10 AM
Silver Member

xp100 build. its happening..

Ok I've posted before on trying to find xp100s and clone actions. Well my search is now over as I walked into a gun shop the other day and they had three on the shelf. All for good prices so I walked oit with all three. .
so now to my questions. What would someone build for a first SP to have a rifle scope. Probably with a vortex hslr. Im looking at either an HS or a Russo stock.
I am wanting a short mag possibly on one in the near future. Would that be too much for a first build? Wanting something to varmint shoot and maybe deer. Looking at maybe the 6.5x284 or a 6.5 saum.
Thanks guys.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:17 AM
Bronze Member

Re: xp100 build. its happening..

Congrats on your find
Saw your post on SP too. I have an XP in 6.5-.284 and really like it. The 6.5 SAUM would be a good choice too for what you have in mind. You should also take a hard look at the 7mm SAUM. I think that is going to be my next XP build. Lots of flavors, and you have three guns to build on

-Mike
Old 06-11-2014, 01:03 PM
SPONSOR

Re: xp100 build. its happening..

I have both cartridges you mentioned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy717 View Post
Ok I've posted before on trying to find xp100s and clone actions. Well my search is now over as I walked into a gun shop the other day and they had three on the shelf. All for good prices so I walked oit with all three. .
so now to my questions. What would someone build for a first SP to have a rifle scope. Probably with a vortex hslr. Im looking at either an HS or a Russo stock.
I am wanting a short mag possibly on one in the near future. Would that be too much for a first build? Wanting something to varmint shoot and maybe deer. Looking at maybe the 6.5x284 or a 6.5 saum.
Thanks guys.