Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Specialty Handgun Hunting

Specialty Handgun Hunting Techniques For Specialty Handgun Hunting

What are you shooting?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2007, 04:03 PM

Re: What are you shooting?

Since when is an AR pistol completely legal? Register it as NFA firearm and then it's legal. Any clown that's taking a "rifle" receiver, and turning it into a handgun without the Bureau of NAZI's (BATF) knowledge is breaking the law.

They'll probably never find out unless you get into some other trouble and they search your home and /or vehicles. Then your original troubles are compounded.

Or, you could be caught if you're a moron and post pictures and descriptions on a firearms chat forum.
Old 03-27-2007, 04:37 PM
Bronze Member

[ QUOTE ]
Since when is an AR pistol completely legal?

[/ QUOTE ]

My wife bought that over the counter from our local dealer thru Bushmaster. I had this as a sig photo before someone here got a woody about it and killed it. You need to stop thinking like Zumbo. Bill T.

http://www.galleryofguns.com/gungallery/...2C+unk2%2C+unk3

Here ya' go.
Old 03-27-2007, 05:50 PM

Don't be hard headed. She bought it over the counter, right? Right. It was manufactured and serial numbered as a HANDGUN so it's legal as a HANDGUN.
We're talking about converting rifles to handguns. It's not legal unless it's BATF/NFA approved, period, no matter how much we wish it was.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:35 PM
Bronze Member

Look at Contenders. You can swap them back and forth all day long and the black helicopters won't come. Bill T.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:55 PM

Yes you can swap them back and forth all day, legally, if the Contender or Encore was sold as a handgun. If it said "RIFLE" on the box, you can't LEGALLY convert it.
If it was sold as a rifle, it's a RIFLE. And it's illegal to convert a rifle to a handgun.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:33 PM
Bronze Member

[ QUOTE ]
Yes you can swap them back and forth all day, legally, if the Contender or Encore was sold as a handgun. If it said "RIFLE" on the box, you can't LEGALLY convert it.
If it was sold as a rifle, it's a RIFLE. And it's illegal to convert a rifle to a handgun.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not arguing that what your saying isn't correct, I'm sure it is. I just doubt anyone pays much, if any attention to it. Bill T.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:40 AM

You were arguing. Now you're back stepping. But you hit the point correctly in that no one pays much attention to Contenders and Encores. That is unless you talk about it, post pictures, etc. Don't be fooled into thinking these forums aren't watched.

Again, no one pays much attention. However, get into trouble for something unrelated and see how fast someone pays attention to your converted handgun. They'll dig up everything they can to make you appear dirty so the original charge sticks.