Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Specialty Handgun Hunting

Specialty Handgun Hunting Techniques For Specialty Handgun Hunting

revolver pictures

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2013, 11:21 PM
Bronze Member

revolver pictures

First time on the handgun hunting forum. If this has been done before, please post the thread with revolver pictures? I would like to see revolvers especially big bores, custom .45 colts, and customs such as the big linebaughs. I have a freedom arms .475 linebaugh, but would really like to go with a custom based off a blackhawk. Just looking for ideas.

Thanks
Old 03-09-2013, 07:11 PM

Re: revolver pictures

Welcome,

Well it's not a custom and not what you called a big bore but is set up a bit different than most. Using a VGM mount and a 2 1/3 - 8 Leupold pistol scope.

Used for testing and experimenting long range shooting with a revolver. Last pin setting on the VGM mount is set for 500 yards. It's only a pip squeek 44 magnum but is amazingly accurate even at those distances. Plan this summer to redo the pin settings and keep stretching it out.

Topstrap
Old 03-24-2013, 10:12 PM
Gold Member

revolver pictures-image.jpg
Just got it. Have not gotten a scope yet. 460S&W
Old 03-25-2013, 07:12 AM
Platinum Member

Let me know what components and stuff you use for your 460 s&w. I have the 12" version and haven't set it up yet or loaded it. I bought it to customize and shoot like you do. Are you going to do any trigger work on it? Please post pics...

Thanks,
Ed
Old 03-26-2013, 01:09 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by etisll40 View Post
Let me know what components and stuff you use for your 460 s&w. I have the 12" version and haven't set it up yet or loaded it. I bought it to customize and shoot like you do. Are you going to do any trigger work on it? Please post pics...

Thanks,
Ed
Since this photo I have out on a weigand stainless steel scope base. Only thing I can find for loading components as of now are 275gr barnes and 300gr speer deep curls nothing else at this time available. Bout to get started on loading up test rounds. Next is scope: my choices are burris 2-7x32 or a Nikon eer 2-8x28. That's where I'm at as of now. If anyone else has suggestions or load info that would be great. I will keep posted as I move along.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:49 PM
Platinum Member

Do those pistol scopes have good relief, full arms length? I'm looking for a good scope now too. Does the Weigand base fit really nice, look good?
Old 03-26-2013, 10:29 PM
Platinum Member

Here's my limited edition (only 5000 made) S&W Classic Hunter 8 3/8" in 44mag with Leupold base and rings holding a 2x Leupold pistol scope (long eye relief with good field of view at arms length). It shoots 1moa at 100yards.

Killed my first deer with this beast!
Attached Images