Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Specialty Handgun Hunting

Specialty Handgun Hunting Techniques For Specialty Handgun Hunting


Reply

New build in the works

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #15  
Old 03-28-2010, 12:35 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Murray, Ky.
Posts: 1,281
Re: New build in the works

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewallace View Post
Here are a couple SPs I just got done working on. I made the stocks and bedding and chambered 3 of them.


In the back row 3" leopard stock 4" walnut stock front row 6" glass stock, 6" walnut offset, 6" leopard offset, 6" offset and a standard rear grip hunting stock.
Wow them are some wild looking rigs, what's the purpose for the offset stock that looks crazy.

Good pics man,

-Nathan
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-28-2010, 12:46 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mountain Home Idaho
Posts: 127
Re: New build in the works

Good job Eric
I just finished installing a target at 1460 yards for practice before hunting season. I may need to come up with a stock like yours for the Edge. I think you have a great design for long range and benchrest. Shootem up. Ross
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-28-2010, 12:54 PM
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: mi
Posts: 991
Re: New build in the works

Quote:
Originally Posted by nddodd View Post
Wow them are some wild looking rigs, what's the purpose for the offset stock that looks crazy.

Good pics man,

-Nathan

An offset forearm to counteract the torque from fast twist barrels
__________________
If you think something is not possible move out of the way so the ones that are doing it can
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-28-2010, 12:57 PM
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: mi
Posts: 991
Re: New build in the works

Quote:
Originally Posted by rem40xb1 View Post
Good job Eric
I just finished installing a target at 1460 yards for practice before hunting season. I may need to come up with a stock like yours for the Edge. I think you have a great design for long range and benchrest. Shootem up. Ross
Ha Ross that sounds like fun Ray and I are planing on shooting in Iowa at the IBS 1000 yard BR match next month hope the weather is good they have a 17" gong at 1 mile 1760 yards that is fun to shoot
__________________
If you think something is not possible move out of the way so the ones that are doing it can
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-28-2010, 12:57 PM
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Southeast Missouri
Posts: 44
Re: New build in the works

Quote:
Originally Posted by nddodd View Post
Alright John don't leave me hanging man give me some specs on that awesome looking rig. I'm just setting here salavating wishing I had one of my own. Maybe by middle of may or so I'll have all my parts.

Keep em coming,

-Nathan
That was kind of cruel wasn't it? Ok, I'll give you a bit more.

Savage Dual Port
Neal Cooper Stock (with the brand new grip design) and let me tell you, it really does fit my hand like it was custom made just for me.
19" Benchmark 3 groove 10 twist in .338 Edge
Muscle Brake

I can't wait to start load development.
John
__________________
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
Ronald Reagan
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-28-2010, 01:17 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Murray, Ky.
Posts: 1,281
Re: New build in the works

Quote:
Originally Posted by doniphan View Post
That was kind of cruel wasn't it? Ok, I'll give you a bit more.

Savage Dual Port
Neal Cooper Stock (with the brand new grip design) and let me tell you, it really does fit my hand like it was custom made just for me.
19" Benchmark 3 groove 10 twist in .338 Edge
Muscle Brake

I can't wait to start load development.
John
Aaawwweeeesssooommee as the drool flows from the sides of my mouth. That sounds wicked, thanks for the info man. Please keep us all posted on that bad boy.



-Nathan
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-28-2010, 01:22 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Murray, Ky.
Posts: 1,281
Re: New build in the works

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewallace View Post
Ha Ross that sounds like fun Ray and I are planing on shooting in Iowa at the IBS 1000 yard BR match next month hope the weather is good they have a 17" gong at 1 mile 1760 yards that is fun to shoot
Not only do I envy you guys with all your sweet rigs now I envy you fir your awesome places to shoot I'd give my left you know what to have somewhere I could shoot like that.

Since no one is excepting left testicals on trade for awesome shooting ranges I guess I'll stick with my 300 yarder.....lol


-Nathan
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads for: New build in the works
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
338 Lapua update & new build in the works dougm Specialty Handgun Hunting 6 11-17-2009 09:54 PM
who works on a tc encore oldfamily Gunsmithing 3 05-03-2008 05:27 AM
xp project in the works B Jordan Specialty Handgun Hunting 13 03-21-2008 12:33 AM
New Allen Mag in the works.... Fiftydriver Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics 21 10-12-2005 11:40 AM
New Rifle in the works Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics 2 04-14-2005 05:39 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC